Contact the owner by clicking here.
(for sale as of )
Asking: £124950 (GBP)
Location: Almerimar, Spain
S/V Friendship is a Spain based 2003 Broadblue 38 catamaran for sale by owner
The current owners purchased her in 2014 and have kept her in superb condition, this catamaran is a REAL find, if you are in the market, don’t miss it……… These rarely come on the market and in this condition would appeal to anybody looking for a sub 40ft catamaran with the major benefits that brings of reduced running/mooring costs.
The present owners found “Friendship’ for sale in Mylor Falmouth in 2014 Having just retired, the purchase was completed and they sailed her to Lagos Portugal via the French, Spanish and Portuguese coasts. Every season since ‘Friendship’ has cruised offshore in the Algarve and South Spanish coasts and in 2018 the Balearic Islands. The saloon and cockpit both provide spacious comfort for 7/8 people with all round visibility whether at sea or in the harbour. Handling in a seaway or confined marina is precise and passage planning always assumes 6/7 knts average cruising speed.
Owner’s version 3 double cabins, 2 heads compartments and at least 2m plus of headroom throughout hulls..present owner is 6' 4” !! OWNERS HULL; The Port hull is dedicated exclusively to the owner, dedicated Webasto heating system, privacy door, king-sized bed, desk, book shelves, and wardrobe, all located aft with a private heads forward leading through to a storage compartment with separate watertight compartment. The heads is generous in size and consists of toilet, washbasin and shower area. The midships section has multiple storage compartments, engine spares area plus a drinks cabinet and bar area. Under floor dry storage.
Rudders are skeg hung on stainless steel stocks with self-lubricating bearings. The steering system is hydraulic with the rudders linked together with a cross-link beam. The hydraulic arm is attached direct to the rudder shaft. The rudder has an access cover above and is designed to accept an emergency tiller.
Since being in the present ownership constant upgrades and improvements have regularly taken place... Friendship is ideally suited to a cruising or liveaboard couple...we have adapted her to be virtually self sufficient as is proved by all our cruising seasons so far spent virtually entirely at anchor...our Solar system keeps our batteries charged and this in turn powers our water maker whilst only drawing 8-10 amps.. also being under 12m length mooring cost are kept low compared to most Cats...
- 2015 All batteries replaced with Fullriver AGMs 450ah House bank, 2x 100ah Engine with Xantrex battery monitor.
- 2015 Full solar system fitted with 2x 100w fixed panels on stainless steel gantry above davits plus 2x semi flexible 100w panels on coach roof..these run through a Voltronic MPPT controller with remote display. This system has a constant dedicated Engine battery feed.
- 2015 New Victron centaur 60a Battery charger
- 2015 Both saildrive hull main seals replaced
- 2015 Crusader Vectran roller furling mainsail
- 2017 Katadyn 80 12v Water Maker installed
- 2017 Hulls blast stripped and Epoxy coated
- 2017 All stainless steel standing rigging replaced
- 2017 New Ribeye Aluminium rib tender powered by Tohatsu 9.8 2 stroke outboard..
- 2018 New Stirling Power Sine wave inverter with remote controller for all mains electricity demands..
|Builder:||Prout / Broadblue Catamarans Ltd|
|Length Overall:||11.6m (38ft)|
|Waterline Length:||10.5m / 34' 6”|
|Beam:||5.3m / 17' 5 inches|
|Draft:||1.0m / 3' 3 inches|
|Displacement:||14,330 lbs / 6500 kg|
|Mast height:||16.2m / 53'|
|Rig:||Sloop - Masthead Rig|
|Sails:||Crusader Vectran roller furling mainsail
Furlex furling genoa
2004 Storm jib - Jeckles - 2004 (Never used)
|Engines:||Twin Diesel Engines, Volvo Penta MD2040-D 40hp, coupled to saildrives|
|Propellers:||2 blade propellers|
|Speed:||Cruising speed 7.5 knts Maximum speed 8.5 knts|
|Fresh Water Tank:||1 x 410 litre / 108 gallons|
|Fuel Tank:||2 x 235 litre Stainless steel / 125 gallons|
|Holding Tanks:||1 x 60 litre Stainless steel / 16 gallons|
- Owner’s Version
- 3 cabins - 2 heads
- The entire Port hull is dedicated to the owner's suite
- two double guest cabins
- dedicated Webasto heating system
- at least 2m plus of headroom throughout hulls
- central dining table, with seating for 8
- storage under all seats
- Alpha Network WIFI router with various outside antennas
- 2x saloon Hella turbo fans
- nav station with seat
- galley in Starboard hull
- Katadyn 80e 12v Water Maker fitted 2017
- 4 burner hob and Smev oven
- Waeco 65lt fridge with freezer compartment
- Pressurized hot and cold fresh water supply
- Plates, Bowls, Cultery
- Cooking utensils, Various Pots and Pans, Drinks glasses
- Suunto compass
- Raymarine ST60 Tridata Speed/Log/Echosounder
- Raymarine ST60 Wind
- Raymarine SLS30 Plotter at helm
- Raymarine RL80C Plotter at chart table
- Raymarine ST7001+ autopilot
- Raymarine RL80C Radar
- All above fully interfaced
- Weatherman Navtex
- Standard Horizon GX2200e fixed DSC VHF with built in AIS reciever,
- cockpit Ram Mike extension.
- Entel Submersible Handheld VHF
- 12v ‘Switched’ system
- 2 x 100ah AGM Engine start batteries –
- 3 x 150ah AGM Domestic batteries
- 2 x 90amp Balmar engine alternators
- 240v 60amp Battery charger
- Shore power and cable
- Substantial Simpson 150 Davits with extra seaway strengthening..
- Folding aluminium Boarding ladder
- Webbing style safety lines port & starboard and forward across decks.
- Two large storage lockers either side utilized as fender & warp storage
- three bottle gas locker.
- All windows have fully fitted Phifertex shades/covers including all hatches
- Phifertex and solid sunbrella interchangeable covers..
- Substantial Sloop Rigged Aluminium spars by Z spars
- SS wire standing rigging all new 2017
- Furling in mast main Furlex
- furling genoa
- Genoa, 2 x Harken 44
- two speed self tailing Halyard
- 1 x Harken 16, two speed self tailing
- Main, Vectran, Crusader - 2015 Genoa, Dacron
- Jeckells - 2004 Cruising chute
- Jeckles - 2004 Storm jib
- Jeckles - 2004 (Never used) Cruising chute with ‘Snuffer’
- Storm jib ’Hanks’ to inner forestay.
- Factory Upgrade option 2 x Volvo Penta MD2040-D 40hp Diesels
- Approx 1750 Hours each as of Aug 2018
- Fully Serviced each year whilst in Med and fully winterised ashore in UK by previous owners
- Fresh water cooled, Sail drives
- 2 blade fixed prop
- 2 x Ambassador Rope cutters
- Factory Upgrade option 2 x 235 litre Long range Stainless steel fuel tanks - 470 Litres l 1 x 410 litre water tank
- 1 x 60 litre Stainless steel black water tank
- Hot water 27 litre capacity
- Pressurised water system
- water heated by port engine calorifier, immersion system also in place
ANCHORING / DOCKING:
- large style fenders and boathook
- Main bower anchor 25kg Rocna
- Spare/2nd Anchor 20kg Delta
- 15kg Fortress
- Kedge Anchor...main with 50m of G70 high strength 8mm chain,
- Kedge with 5m 10mm chain, 50m 3 strand Anchor rode..
- Quick Anchor windlass with both deck and cockpit controls..
- 2x Automatic engine fire extinguishers
- 3x Saloon Particle fire extinguishers (2018)
- Crewsaver 6 man Type A ISO 9650 Liferaft (New 2015...serviced winter 2017/18)
- Lifejackets Gas inflateable x 4
- Lifesling & Inflatable Danbuoy
- Fire blanket Gas detector
- Ribeye TL280 Aluminium Rib/ (new 2017)
- Tohatsu 9.8 2 stroke outboard
- 2x Webasto heating systems..one for each hull.
- Kenwood CD radio with internal and cockpit speakers
- 2 x manual bilge pumps
- 2 x automatic bilge pumps one in each engine compartment
- 'Dolphin’ style seating on pushpits.
- Large cockpit Sprayhood
- All hatches have ‘Gebo’ fly screens and blinds
- Additional cockpit table to replace helm seat
- Engine spares
- Clock & barometer.
- Full set of seat covers for the saloon
- Charts & Pilot books.
- Sunbrella sun shades for decks.
- 2x Saloon HatchWindscoops,
- Mast Climber mast ladder