Contact the owner by clicking here
(for sale as of )
Asking $360,000 (USD)
Location: Charleston, SC
S/V Play is a South Carolina based 2002 Catana 431 catamaran for sale by owner
This particular 431 is special because she has a walnut and cherry interior with Corian work surfaces, which very few did. She is one of the youngest 431s made in 2002 before the company altered the range completely.
The boat is an Owners' Version and has never been chartered. This spacious owner's version is 2 cabin and 2 bath with an office layout in the forward port hull which has been converted to a child's cabin. The owner's cabin includes a generous shower-bathroom cabin and houses the washing machine. S/V Play also has the optional, upgraded, aft port office that can also be turned into a single berth when needed.
The first thing likely to strike most people about this design is her considerable, six-foot freeboard to the deck edge and more than 10 feet to the top of the cabin. Owners are likely to quickly appreciate the look when some of the design considerations are considered as not only is there well over 6 feet of headroom everywhere throughout the boat, her bridgedeck clearance off the water is more than two and a half feet which avoids bridge deck pounding in a seaway, as well as that annoying slapping of waves against the bottom of the bridgedeck at anchor.
960 Watts of solar power mean that the backup petrol generator is not ever needed and S/V Play is never connected to marina shorepower. You can run the fridge, freezer, washing machine, radar, autopilot, navigation and AIS without worrying about the power supply.
Closely-hauled she points higher than most monohulls due to the famous CATANA hull-daggerboard design and can easily be single-handed making it a perfect family-cruiser, too.
She has recently had an extensive $50K refit where all the really difficult jobs which needed doing were done, for example replacement of the original bimini-mounted solar panels and the saildrive through-hull rubber gaiters; so she's completely ready for you to take on her next adventure. We've even left exactly enough space on the roof for an additional pair of solar panels, in case you'd like to add air-conditioning to the boat.
New Jotun antifouling was applied in June 2017.
She is the best Catana 431 currently available and we will be sorry to part with her.
Catana 431 Sailing
Sailing under Spinnaker
|Builder:||Catana S.A. of Cedex, France|
|Length Overall:||43 ft (13.10 m)|
|Beam:||23.9 ft (7.30 m)|
|Draft:||Boards up 2.6 ft (0.80 m) / Boards down 7.2 ft (2.20 m)|
|Displacement:||17640 US pounds (8000 Kg)|
|Mast height:||65 ft 0 in; (19.8 m)|
|Sail area: :||1291.2 ft² (120 m²)|
|Engines:||2 x 40hp Volvo Marine : MD 2040 diesel engines coupled to saildrives|
|Fresh Water Tank:||138 US gal (520 l)|
|Fuel Tank:||185 US gal (700 l)|
|Holding Tanks:||35 gallons|
- The starboard hull is totally dedicated to the Owner's cabin.
- Large hanging locker, double drawer unit and other storage with shelves.
- Large starboard head.
- 5 Kg washing machine.
- Located aft in port hull is a guest cabin. Aft bed 6'2" x 5'2" double. Storage under port berth.
- Hanging locker and other storage with shelves.
- Midships to port is guest head/shower. Forward is an office than can convert to a single child's berth (1.4 meters long).
- The galley is located on port side of saloon
- Numerous lockers; built-in trash can;
- large kitchen counter-top in Corian;
- 2 sinks;
- mixer tap for fresh hot/cold water; drain tap for water maker;
- 3-burner stainless steel stove with Force 10 oven.
- Very efficient refrigeration systems with electronic controls and water exchangers.
- FrigoBoat 200 litre refrigerator,
- FrigoBoat 100 liter freezer. Both refrigeration units have 6.7" thick insulation with anti-condensation facing and double seals on the opening.
- Spectra Cape Horn Extreme watermaker (producing 55l per hour)
- comfortable U-shaped settee.
- Folding saloon table with built-in drawers.
- Ample stowage under the saloon seats.
- The chart table seat has access to a small storage.
- All navigation and radio-communication electronics are within easy reach.
- B&G Hydra H2000 wind/speed/depth, with 20/20 cockpit display
- full function display at chart table
- New B&G Triton autopilot, with multi-display at helm, pilot remote at helm
- spare pilot remote, all NMEA2000
- Icom IC-M504 VHF
- Vesper Marine XB-8000 AIS Transponder (all new in 2014)
- 11inch iPad chart plotter
- Fusion sound system with 2-zones / 4-speakers with iPod and Aux inputs (2014)
- New Zodiac 6 person liferaft (2017)
- 4 CO2 activated lifejackets (2017)
- Each engine has twin alternators (60 to engine starter batteries and 80 amp to house batteries)
- 4 x Solara Power M 110 watt solar panels on the hard bimini
- Victron 50A solar charge controller (2017)
- 3 x Kyocera MX 140 watt solar panels above davits (2014)
- TriStar-MPPT-60 solar charge controller, with ethernet monitoring (2014)
- 12/110/220V power, Mastervolt Dakar Combi 12/2500-100 220v Invertor / battery charger
- New Zantrex Truecharge2 60 amp, 110v battery charger (2014)
- 8 x 230 amp 6V Golf Cart batteries (2014)
- Honda EU 2000i generator
Sails and rigging:
- Doyle Sails, Furling 130% Dacron genoa, fully-battened Dacron mainsail, Doyle Stack Pack (all new 2012)
- Symmetrical Spinnaker with sock. Original in very good condition.
- Alu-Carbon, full carbon, single spreader mast (best of 3 factory options).
- Harken Electric 2-speed 48 self tailing winch for main halyard and reef lines
- 2 x Harken 2 speed 46 self tailing winches for mainsheets
- 2 x Harken 2-speed 44 self tailing winches for daggerboards and spinnaker
- 2 x Harken 2-speed 48 self tailing genoa winches
- All standing rigging replaced (2014). Forestay and diamonds are rod, cap shrouds are 1 x 19 SS wire.
- Electric winch controls are duplicated at the starboard helm station for single handed sailing.
- Lewmar electric windlass
- Bow pulpit, rails, lifelines and side stanchions
- White shade cover on rear of bimini (2013)
- Clear windscreen for bimini (2013)
- Super comfortable polyamide 13mm trampoline, attached individually to eyelets. (2014)
- Dinghy davits
- Dock lines and fenders
- LED Masthead tricolor/anchor light (2014)
- Deck-level Nav lights, steaming light and deck light
- Swim platform shower (hot/cold), Swimming ladder
- 65lb Delta anchor with 70 meters high-strength chain.
- Brittany Anchor with 10 meters of chain and 40 meters rode.