Price Reduced!! $48,000 (USD)
Location: Brisbane, Australia
S/V "Groucho Marx " is an Brisbane based 1978 Crowther Spindrift 37 SOLD!!
This Boat Owner desires either cash or he's willing to trade!!
The Spindrift Mark 3 was designed as a racer/cruiser for coastal and offshore, and was built with a narrow bridge-deck cabin for racing, which only allows for a crawl space into the hulls (See Photo's). This is a racing/cruiser that was actually set up for racing. Its foam core hulls make her light and fast. Their multichamber design make the vessels virtually unsinkable. Although, not luxurious, it is functional, comfortable, and fast. It has all the needed amenities to sail for short or long adventures. There is 6ft+ish in the hulls themselves with a head/shower fore, double bunk mid and a single bunk aft in each hull.
This is a high performance cat, not a condo-maran. This is not a project boat, S/V Groucho Marx is fully equipped, and with complete instrumentation. In other words, this is a bluewater high performance ocean racer with the trophies to prove it. (see photos) It won both in and off shore type races. The Brisbane to Gladstone race being one example. Think Corvette not Cadillac. Think ahead of the storm, not in it. A very light, strong, fast, vessel.
No Reasonable offer refused.
Items Included but not yet installed: (Preparing for single hand cruising)
- GME AIS Transceiver (class B) & antenna splitter (Australian MMSI already assigned to vessel)
- 340w might be 370w wind turbine.
- 3700gph bilge pumps (foam core with dry hulls but I believe in preparation)
- LED lighting for the whole boat and then some.
|Construction:||Hulls: Male Moulded Airex foam sandwich fiberglass Deck: GRP epoxy decks and coachhouse|
|Length Overall:||38' 11" ( 11.88 m)|
|LWL:||38' 11" ( 11.88 m)|
|Beam:||19' 8" ( 6 m)|
|Draft:||Daggerboards 2'3" up - 5'6" down|
|Mast height:||46' 0" ( 14.0 m)|
|Sails:||Main: Decron, D Young, 300
Genoa: Decron, Tasker, 450
Spinnaker: x2, Nylon, Lee G Martin, 1600
Storm Jib: Decron, Lee, 150
|Head room:||6' Bridgedeck 6'1" Hulls|
|Engines:||Port, 2GM20, hours unknown
Starboard, 1YSM8g, hours unknown. New mixing elbow installed and raw water pump rebuilt 2017.
Shaft Drive with folding props
|Cabins:||2 double ; 2 singles|
|Heads:||1 electric 1 porta potty|
|Fresh Water||158 gal / 600 liters|
|Fuel Tankage||42gal /160 liters|
- Main: Decron, D Young, 300
- Genoa: Decron, Tasker, 450
- Spinnaker: x2, Nylon, Lee G Martin, 1600 Strom Jib: Decron, Lee, 150
- GMX GX600 VHF
- Uniden MHS050 Submersible waterproof VHF
- Baofeng FM Handheld Transceiver
- DeLORME Handheld SAT Device
- Navman 5600 GPS/Plotter
- Navman 3380 Autopilot
- Navman 3100 Wind, Depth
- (upgrade connections) and new backup wind vane for top of the mast.
- Solar Panels 250w x 2
- Solar Panels 75w x 3 in storage
- Solar Panels 40w x 2
- Solar Panels 20w x 4
- Powertech MP3129 x 2 charge controller
- 120amp x 4 Deep Cell Batteries: new 2016
- 100amp x 1 Deep Cell Batteries: new Dec 2015
- 100amp x 2 Deep Cell Batteries: came with vessel
- Dick Smith, 300w True Sinrwave Power Inverter: 12v DC to 230v AC.
- Separate 240v outlets to reduce galvanic concerns. (Never Used)
- Shore Power cables
- The Navigation lights have already been replaced with LED's
- Aluminum, fuel tanks x 2 80L each
- Jerry Cans: 20L x 5
- Jerry Cans: 10L x 1
- In Hull Water Tanks, 2 x 300L
- Jerry Cans solid and collapsible , 250 +
- Fire Blanket
- Fire Extinguishers 1kg x4
- Offshore flare kit
- V flag
- Para Drogue
- Manual inflatable PFD's adult x4
- Manual infatable shirts adult x2
- Life jackets adults x4
- Life vests children x2
- Port, 2GM20, hours unknown
- Starboard, 1YSM8g, hours unknown. New mixing elbow installed and raw water pump rebuilt 2017.
- Racor, all chain 50m 20kg/44lb
- CQR, all chain ?m (not sure of weight)
- Danforth, 10m, 25mm nylon rope. Not sure of length. (Not sure of weight and anchor shows rust and may need replacement.)
- Lifeguard Inflatable 2.4m
- 3hp Yamaha 2STR