Contact the owner by clicking here.
(for sale as of )
Price Reduced!! $235,000 (USD)
Location: Georgetown, Bahamas
S/V Freebird is a Bahamas based Grainger Mystery Cove 420 Catamaran for sale by Owner
This catamaran for sale by owner incudes all necessary gear for self-sustained bluewater cruising. including: She has an all new RIG and SAILS (screecher, main, roller-furling genoa) in 2014! Spinnaker. Engines refitted.
S/V Freebird has returned from two years of cruising from the Mediterranean to the US. We have kept her in the Bahamas for the last 3 yrs since having crossed the Atlantic, spending several months in Miami/Ft Lauderdale to refit and paint the bottom every year. She is well maintained and ready to go now. Just add provisions.
Sailing at 80% of wind speed and with her Bridgedeck clearance of 33.5 inches (no slamming), Grainger catamarans 'rule' down under (Australia), but are rare finds in America. This spacious design, with all its style for which Tony Grainger is renowned, will suit a cruising family looking for catamaran that can sail well and cover sea miles with ease. This Cat is ready to set sail to explore tropical islands and beyond.
Catamaran Living and Sailing
Grainger 420 Mystery Cove 420 Catamaran
|Builder:||David Howell Constructions|
|Where built:||Seattle, Wa|
|Make/Model:||Grainger Mystery Cove 420|
|Location:||Georgetown, Exuma, Bahamas|
|Construction:||Hull: Cedar cored triaxial, biaxial and unidirectional fiberglass (vacuum) with WEST epoxy system
Bridge deck: Balsa core biaxial fiberglass - WEST epoxy system
Cabin: Corecell foam, biaxial fiberglass with WEST epoxy system
Finish: Awlgrip/ Sterling (Linear Polyurethane) Interior and exterior
|LOA :||12.8m (42 feet)|
|LWL :||12.8m (42 feet)|
|Beam :||6.857m (22.6 feet)|
|Draft :||.8m (2 ft 6 inches)|
|Displacement:||7424 KG (16333 Lbs)|
|Mast Height:||19m (62 FT 6inches)|
|Headroom :||1.9m (6 FT 2 inches)|
|Engines:||2 x Yanmar 27 HP 3GM30FC coupled to Yanmar saildrives|
|Propellers:||16 inch folding MAX PROPS|
|Water Tank:||608 Ltr (160 Gal)|
|Fuel Tank:||418 Ltr (110 Gal)|
|Holding Tank:||95 Ltr, (25 Gal)|
Interior walk through
Video Slide Show of Grainger 420 Mystery Cove 420 Catamaran
- Owner's version
- 3 cabins
- 2 heads (one with shower)
- Hull: Cedar cored triaxial, biaxial and unidirectional fiberglass (vacuum) with WEST epoxy system
- Bridge deck: Balsa core biaxial fiberglass with WEST epoxy system
- Cabin: Corecell foam, biaxial fiberglass with WEST epoxy system
- Finish: Awlgrip/ Sterling (Linear Polyurethane) Interior and exterior
- 2 x Yanmar 27 HP 3GM30FC
- Yanmar saildrives
- 16 inch folding MAX PROPS
- 10.5 FT Achilles RIB
- 15 horse Yamaha Outboard 2 stroke
- 12 Lewmar Ocean Hatches
- Double life lines
- Stanchions 28 inch with integral bases
- 6 ea 12 inch mooring cleats
- Magma gas grill
- Anchor/deck wash down (fresh)
- Anchor/deck wash down (salt)
- Hot/cold Deck shower
- Stereo Speakers in cockpit/cabin
- LPG storage locker
- 3 each Lewmar 48 Electric winches
- 1 Lewmar 48 manual winch
- Dieform standing rigging. NEW 2014!
- All lines led aft to electric winches for reefing
- Dynal running back stays. NEW 2014!
- Lewmar Rope clutches, blocks, tracks, cars.
- Friedrickson car system . NEW 2014!
- Tender Lifting derrick integral from boom (electric wench powered)
- Mainsail: Mack Sails cruise lam with stackpack. NEW 2014!
- Jib: 120% (roller furled). NEW 2014!
- Reacher/Screacher: On its own luff wire (roller furled). NEW 2014!
- Spinnaker: asymmetrical in sock (launch from dedicated locker) Blade in locker
- Watermaker 160 Ltr/Hr engine driven (membranes 30 months, Pump rebuilt. New membranes and compressor 2014.
- 6 gallon hot water heater (engine/AC)
- Filter system at galley sink for drinking water
- Salt water at galley sink
- pressurized water pump
- Hot cold swim step shower
- Anchor wash
- Electric toilet (fresh rebuild)
- Electric shower sump pump
- Salt water washdown pump
- 4 - 40 watt Solar Panels (2 new 2014)
- 110 volt 60 hz system and 240 volt 50 hz system
- 2500 watt Heart inverter/ charger 110V
- 2000 watt inverter 240V NEW
- 660 amp/hr AGM battery bank (18 months)
- 2 ea 110 amp alternators (recent rebuild)
- Smart regulator (with backup)
- Link 2000R monitor/control system
- 2500 watt 240V to 110 volt transformer
- Galvanic isolator. Corrosion control
- Electric fuel pumps (emergency)
- Electric fuel transfer pump
- Blue Sea 110-240AC and 12V DC panels
- Shore power cords 110/240
- LED anchor/running lights at masthead
- Emergency strobe at mast head
- 2 starter batteries
- 6 60 amp 6 volt batteries. NEW 2014!
- Starter battery isolation system
- 2 Airbreeze wind generators
- 6 cabin fans (Hella)
- Wiring diagrams and numbering code (ships manual)
- Icom M802 HF radio
- Icom M502 VHF radio
- Raytheon RN 300 GPS
- Furuno GPS 76
- Standard Horizon handheld portable VHF radio (submersible)
- Nexus/Silva sailing instruments (wind, log, depth, helm )
- wind, log, depth, helm - repeated at nav station).
- 17 inch flat screen TV (connected to sound system)
- AM/FM/CD/MP3/DVD player
- Pactor 2 modem
- 2ea completely independent Com Nav Auto pilots (Controls at helm Repeated at nav station). Fresh rebuild.
- AIS system
- Laptop navigation computer with Cmap with on screen AIS visualization
- Tank level gauges
- Diesel: 418 Ltr (110 Gal)
- Water: 608 Ltr (160 Gal)
- Holding: 95 Ltr, (25 Gal)
- LPG: 3x 5kg (in designated locker)
- Maxwell 1500 electric anchor windlass with control at helm Spectra halyards. NEW 2014!
- Fortress FX-35 Aluminum anchor with 7 m chain and 100m nylon rode Dansforth anchor
- 100m 5/16 inch Chain attached to 100m ¾ inch nylon rode
- 60 Lb. Manson anchor
- Rode: chain 7 m, Line 100 m
- Emergency tiller