(for sale as of )
Asking: $279,950 (USD)
Location: Saint Thomas, USVI
St. Thomas, USVI based 2004 Lagoon 43 Power Catamaran for sale by owner
This Boat Owner requires financial settlement only ... trades will not be considered!!
This is the coveted owner’s version with a beam-to-beam aft master suite with en-suite head and shower and a California king size bed. There is a forward port guest bedroom with head and shower and a forward starboard office, plus a large walk-in pantry. What also sets this boat apart is the custom 11’x13’ flybridge hard top that supports 1,240 watts of solar input to the four 210Ah Lifeline 4d AGM house batteries for 840Ah total and two Victron 150/45 MPPT solar controllers (we only start the gen-set weekly for maintenance purposes). Vagabundos has US 110/120v electrical, 200g of water and 400g of diesel.
The comforts and space afforded by a catamaran far outweigh a trawler or monohull sailboat. The shallow 4ft draft and the protective keels (for the 4 blade props and rudders) make life easy in the shallow waters of the Bahamas, the ICW or the historic Canadian locks in Quebec. The low 19ft overhead clearance allows you to cruise through most of the ICW draw bridges and canal overheads with ease.
Choosing a power cat means no rocking at anchor or heeling underway. There’s plenty of light in the open living areas, below deck, on deck and up on the fly bridge. We’ve had more than a couple sailing catamaran, sailing monohull and trawler owners tell us that if they were to do it all over again, they would buy a power cat.
- The ease of helming – you can see all four corners of the boat when docking. Ellen handles the helm when we moor, anchor or dock, and prefers driving “V” over the dingy – it’s that easy.
- The roominess and amount of light all over the boat.
- The spacious, sheltered cockpit, which is great for entertaining and just hanging out, come rain or shine.
- The stainless Magna grill mounted in the cockpit for having delicious BBQs.
- The 12’ centre console Boston Whaler like dingy with bimini top and 25hp, 4-cycle engine
- The power dingy davits mounted on the 3ft-wide, beam-to-beam, swim deck.
- Going to shore in the dinghy is a fast, dry ride and lifting the tender up at night is easy and quick.
- The aft deck with teak chairs for watching the sunset with a sundowner.
- The shady and breezy flybridge, where we string the hammock for a nice afternoon nap.
- The three fridge/freezers and four-burner propane stove top and oven. We can provision and cook at anchor for weeks.
- The luxurious California king size bed in the master suite (once you see it, you can’t un-see it!).
- The full inside helm for inclement weather cruising.
- The forward bow lounging area with nice original cushions, which is perfect for drying up after a swim in the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean.
- The ease of grabbing a mooring ball, locking through, docking or setting the anchor thanks to the visibility offered by the design and manoeuvrability of a catamaran.
- Swinging at anchor using solar for all our electrical needs and not using fuel to run the gen set daily.
We are selling Vagabundos while we still love her, not after she has been ignored. The boat is nicely appointed and put together. We’ve been cruising on her for three years,
We can show the boat here, in transit, or when we are back north. If you wish to buy her here, we can deliver her to a location between here and Florida.
- Two hard single kayaks
- A hammock
- Two teak outdoor chairs
- Two extra Danforth anchors
- A wi-fi extender
Lagoon 43 Power Cat
Lagoon 43 walk through
|Model:||Lagoon 43 Power Cat|
|Construction:||GRP sandwich construction incorporating a vacuum bonded balsa core|
|Length Overall:||13.1 m (43 ft 0 in)|
|LWL:||13.1 m (43 ft 0 in)|
|Beam:||6.40 m (21 ft 0 in)|
|Draft:||1.2 m (4 ft 0 in)|
|Displacement:||14478 kg (24693 lbs)|
|Boat Height:||19' 0" (5.8 m)|
|Air Conditioning:||4 air-con/heat systems, 18k btu, 16k btu and 2x 7k btu in the interior spaces|
|Engines:||2x Yanmar 6LPA-STP 315 hp diesel Direct drive with keel protected coupled to Direct Shaft Drives|
|Engine Hours:||port: 2555 hr Starboard: 2556 hr|
|Propellers:||2 x 4 blade props|
|Headroom:||Head room 6’4” to 6’8”|
|Water capacity:||200 gal / 750L|
|Fuel Tanks:||400 gal / 1500L|
|Holding Tanks:||2 x 40 gal / 300L|
- 3 cabins and 2 heads
- Master is beam width California king bed-
- separate head and shower,
- Port guest quarters with ensuite,
- Starboard hull is Lagoon built office,
- All with separate a/c and heat
- 4 burner propane stove top and oven,
- Spice, oils and vinegar storage,
- Stainless steel dual sinks,
- Large counter areas,
- Plenty of utensils storage,
- Walk-in pantry with 6 large pull out shelves plus wall shelves,
- 3 fridge / freezers, 2 front and 1 top loading
- Pots and pans, cutting boards and utensils
- Large with cushioned seating for 10
- Beautiful table with seating for 8
- Surround roll up shade screening
- Magma grilling station
- Large double size dry storage lazarette
- 6’8” headspace with LED lighting
- Stairs leading to flybridge
- Walkway to deck
- Sliding glass door leading to salon
- Teak flooring
Navigation and Electronics:
- Raymarine chart plotter, depth and autopilot.
- We use a gps enabled iPad with multiple navigation programs.
- WiFi extender
- 3 vhf, 1 mounted and 2 handheld
- US 110/120 v ac and 12 v dc
- MagnaSine 3000 watt inverter
- MagnaSine 125 amp charger
- AC outlets throughout
- Separate AC and DC panels
- 9.9 kw Northern Lights genset ~2250 hr
- 1240 watts of solar panels on flybridge top
- 2 Victron 150/45 mppt solar controllers
- 4x210Ah = 840Ah Lifeline AGM 4d House bank
- MagnaSine remote battery monitoring system
- Most lighting retrofitted to LED
- 3 fridge/freezer, 2 front loading, 1 top loading
- 100ft of 50amp shore power cable
- 12 ft Boston Whaler like dingy
- w/center console driver seating for two,
- 25 hp / 4 cycle Tohatsu engine
- Electric start and engine tilt
- Bimini top
- Seat with cooler below
- Rocna dingy anchor
- Running lights
- 6 gal fuel tank
Deck and Hull:
- Flybridge with 11’x13’ fiberglas hardtop
- Flybridge seating and hammock lounging area,
- Stairs (not ladder) to the flybridge,
- Solid 1.25“ stainless steel handrails sidedecks
- Non-skid decking or teak inlay on all decks,
- Hot & cold freshwater deck rinse-off shower
- Back sundeck with teak chairs
- 10 large boat cleats, 4 forward, 2 midship and 4 in the aft,
- Walkway and deck lighting,
- 6 huge storage lazerettes
- Forward-cushioned lounging area,
- Portside holders for the 2 included kayaks.
- 8 hull side portholes
- 12 deck hatches for light and ventilation
- Deck side and swim platform dock access
- Swim platform extending swim ladder
- 2 propane tanks.
Engines & Mechanical equipment:
- 2x Yanmar 6LPA-STP 315hp each diesel engines ~2560 hrs each
- 2x 4d 12v engine start batteries
- 2x 40 amp alternators
- Primary and secondary racor fuel filters
- Fire suppression system for each engine
- Direct drive shafts, keel protected.
- 4 blade propellers
- Spare parts and filters
- 9.9 kw Northern Lights diesel generator
- 4 air-con/heat systems, 18k btu, 16k btu and 2x 7k btu in the interior spaces,
- 800 lb winch operated dingy davit
- 200 gallon water tanks
- 400 gallon fuel tanks
- 2 x 40 gallon holding tanks
Anchoring / Mooring
- 700 watt Lewmar windless
- Rocna 45 (100 lb) oversized never drag anchor
- 125’ of newer 10mm galvanized chain
- 150’ of rope rode attached to anchor chain
- Anchor seawater wash down hose
- Easy mooring access between the twin hulls
- Easy attach anchor harness
- 2 extra danforth anchors with rode
- 10 large mooring cleats, 4 fwd, 2 mid, 4 aft
- ARC EPIRB
- Life vests
- Throw ring
- Ditch bag with safety equipment
- Portable vhf radios
- 2 single kayaks with paddles,
- Assorted snorkel and swim gear,
- Beach chairs, flybridge hammock,
- 2 teak folding chairs for aft deck,
- Rail side fishing rod holders,
- 2 -30” round fender balls
- Lots of lines and standard fenders,
- Boat tools and extra maintenance parts