(for sale as of )
Asking: $250,000 (USD)
Location: Brunswick, Georgia
S/V "Reach" is a Georgia based 1998 Manta 40 Owners Version for sale by owner!
These boats were built with first-rate construction using a vacuum bag system. Hull, deck and bulkheads utilize a varying schedule of triaxial, biaxial and unidirectional cloth applied with isophthalic and vinylester resins. Below the waterline, the hulls feature solid glass and vinylester; above the waterline and in the deck, Nida-Core polypropylene honeycomb reduces weight and increases stiffness and strength. All deck penetrations for stanchions, hardware mounting, thruhulls, etc have had the core removed and replaced with solid glass, and aluminum backing plates glassed in. The hull/deck joint is adhesive bonded, screwed, then fully glassed making a unibody construction with no possibility of leaking. All bulkheads are fully glassed to the hull and deck on all sides.
Reach has been extensively up-dated and maintained. We recently finished a two-year refit and were taking off again for Central America and further long-term cruising when we found our plans changing. We had already left for the cruising, so Reach is literally ready to go because she had already left! Not tomorrow, not next week, not next month. This Manta 40 has everything a couple or a family needs to sail the ocean blue. We know because we did it. We have sailed Reach throughout the US East Coast, Bahamas, Eastern Caribbean, South America and Central America - and most points between. S/V Reach has everything necessary for safe, comfortable liveaboard cruising — from rigging and sails to electronics. Moreover, as liveaboards we maintain our vessel daily.
Manta 40 Catamaran Walk through
Manta 40 Catamaran Walk through
Catamaran Living and Sailing
Manta 40 Catamaran under sail
Cockpit has a helm seat built for the captain’s comfort. All lines lead to the helm for safe piloting under severe weather conditions. Three cockpit compartments for storing tools and supplies. Her full enclosure protects from rain. You have complete visibility of the entire boat from the helm seat, making docking with the twin engines a breeze.
Twin Volvo MD2030 diesel engines and S120 saildrives, can power her through the water at 8 knots, a large sail area with self tacking rig means no work for the crew. Just set it and forget it! But as quick as she can be, S/V Reach is a cruising cat.
Some important upgrades and modifications to S/V Reach (several unique):
- The fuel and water tanks have been replaced and designed and mounted to never cause trouble again.
- The sterns have been extended 27” following the Manta 42 lines. They were designed with a bit more volume and power than the 42, and the steps were designed to be much more useable than the 40 - one step was removed, the lower two steps lengthened, and all step heights were evened to be the same.
- The main beam and wing bulkheads were doubled in thickness and fully capped with fiberglass. This is a stiff boat.
- 2016 new standing rigging up-sized to 7/16”. The original T-ball fittings were removed and tangs were thru-fit and welded to take standard rigging toggle and eye fittings. All chain plates were replaced. Deployable intermediate stays were added with new deployable running backstays.
- 2017 new running rigging. All halyards (main, spare main, jib, spinnaker) are either Dyneema or Vectran. Reef lines are spectra.
- The Main and Jib are new made by Mack Sails 2016. The Doyle Code 0 on a Facnor continuous furler is from 2008, but has only been used a few times.
- New mainsail and jib covers
- 2017 new larger and higher-performance elliptical rudders designed and professionally built by Foss Foam
- 2017 new 3-blade Flex-O-Fold props.
- Saildrive main boot seals replaced last year, along with the prop shaft seals, and the input shaft seals. The prop shafts were sleeved.
- The front and rear engine crankshaft seals were replaced on both Volvo MD2030 engines last year.
- 2018 new engine mounts on engines
- 2018 new engine start batteries
- A serpentine belt kit is installed on the stbd engine with a Balmar 120A externally regulated alternator. The port alternator is a 60A and externally regulated
- New shift and throttle cables, and spare cables ran in place for quick connection/swap
- 30 gal/hr CruiseRO watermaker with 2 new (uninstalled) membranes
- 2017 new Garhaur adjustable rigid boom vang with dyneema control line
- 2017 new 300’ Maggi G4 high test chain.
- Current NMEA 2000 integrated electronics including Simrad autopilot and control head, (3) B&G Triton multifunction instrument displays, Furuno chart plotter and 4kW radar, multiple GPS’s, Maretron ultrasonic wind, and depth and speed.
- 2018 new OGM LED tricolor/anchor/strobe nav lights
- 2018 new Raritan Elegance fresh water electric heads with Smartflush controls in both heads. Both are also plumbed to use salt water if wanted.
- 2018 new freezer evaporator plate
- Recent full upholstery with Ultra Leather Brisa
- New 2018 generator electrical head
- New 2019 440Ah House battery bank of 6V deep cycle batteries
- The bottom was soda-blasted and epoxy barrier coated. There are 4 gallons of bottom paint ready to be freshly applied when sold.
|Construction||sandwich cored fiberglass|
|Length Overall:||42 ft 0 in (12.8 m.)|
|LWL:||39’0" (11.9 m.)|
|Beam:||21’0" (6.4 m.); 53% LOA|
|Bridge Deck clearance:||2’; 5% LOA (min)|
|Draft:||3’8" (1.12 m.)|
|Displacement:||16500 lbs. (7500 kgs.)|
|Dry Weight:||13,500 lbs. (6120 kgs.)|
|Mast Height:||59’6" (18.2 m.)|
|Sail area:||883 ft² (82 m² )|
|Sail Inventory:||Fully battened main sail with three reef points
Self-tacking, fully battened jib with Camber Spar Code 0 on a continuous line furler
Custom Stack Pak (NEW 2016)
Sail covers (NEW 2016).
|Engines:||2 x 29 hp Volvo MD 2030 with 2x Volvo 120S|
|Propellers:||Flex-O-Fold 3 blade folding propellers, spare Volvo 3 blade|
|Interior Headroom:||6’4" (1.93 m.)|
|Heads:||2 with showers|
|Holding:||2 - 20 gallon holding tank. (151 ltr.)|
|Fuel:||120 gal. (473 ltr. ) in one aluminum tank|
|Water:||100 gal. (378 ltr.) in one aluminum tank|
- Galley Up
- Port side is the Owner’s cabin
- Owner’s cabin has a queen sized bed
- Owner's head with huge master shower
- Starboard quarters feature a rear private cabin with queen bed and television
- Guest head with separate shower
- Forward cabin with double bed
- (2) LED TV’s. Both accept hard drives for movies.
- L-Shaped settee upholstered in Ultraleather
- (2) upholstered ottomans with storage.
- Hi-Lo adjustable height Corian top table Large storage locker under TV cabinet.
- Entertainment center with stereo and TV.
- Digital TV antenna mounted on arch.
- (2) overhead hatches with OceanAir integral shade/screens.
- Large fixed wrap around windshield for good visibility and a bright interior.
- LED overhead lights and courtesy lights.
- Sliding screen door between cockpit and salon.
- Bomar water-tight salon entry door.
- New cabin fans
- (2) 16,000BTU Central air conditioners
- Adler Barbour 12vdc refrigerator system with very large and heavily insulated top-loading
- Separate refrig and freezer digital controls
- 3-burner propane stove with oven.
- Microwave oven.
- Corian counter tops with double sinks.
- Fresh water foot pump.
- Pressurized hot and cold water.
- Under-sink drinking water filter faucet.
- Exhaust blower hood above stove with LED stove light and variable speed blower control.
- External propane locker with remote control solenoid at stove.
- Large chart table with flat chart storage
- Custom 120vac and 12vdc electrical system control panels with LED displays.
- Icom 710RT SSB radio with remote head
- ICOM 130 tuner
- Pactor 3 modem.
- 28’ Whip antenna
- Second SSG 235 tuner with long wire antenna.
- Standard Horizon GX2150 VHF radio with AIS and remote cockpit microphone
- Spare VHF antenna.
- Battery monitor Victron GX panel inverter controller
- spare third controller for additional panels
- (2) Bluesky solar controllers with remote
- Generator remote start Fuel and water gauges
ELECTRONICS AND NAVIGATION:
- Furuno Navnet 3D chartplotter with DRS4D 24" digital radar.
- Plotter loaded with CMAP charts for entire Caribbean, Caribe South America, and both coasts of all of Central America.
- Includes Explorer Charts for Bahamas.
- Simrad AC42/AP24/RC42 autopilot
- Fully integrated NMEA2000 system with USB output for computer
- (3) B&G Triton multifunction displays
- Maretron WSO100 ultrasonic wind instrument
- Maretron GPS200 GPS
- NMEA2000 Depth and Speed transducers
- OGM LED tricolor/anchor/strobe light at masthead Deck level running lights
- Masthead steaming light with deck light.
- Handheld VHF
- Weems and Plath barometer and clock
- NextGen 5.5 kw diesel generator with controls at Nav station – 1200hrs on engine, generator head is brand new.
- (2) 120vac 30amp inlets.
- (2) 120vac 30amp shore power cords.
- 50A to (2) 30A pigtail
- (6) Solar panels totaling 700W.
- (4) 220 Ah 6V house batteries (NEW 2019).
- (2) Bluesky solar panel controllers. Third controller for additional panels
- (2) Engine start batteries ((NEW 2018).
- (1) 60amp alternator with Balmar 3 stage regulator.
- (1) 120amp alternator on a serpentine belt with external Balmar 3 stage regulator.
- Victron Multiplus 3000w inverter/charger
- 90 amp secondary battery charger.
- Custom Paneltronics electrical distribution panel for both AC and DC.
- Galvanic isolator.
- Maxwell HRC-10 electric anchor windlass with warping drum and remote control with FOB.
- Deck mounted up and down foot control switches for the windlass.
- Wired remote for windlass
- 55lb Rocna anchor
- 300' 5/16" G43 Maggi chain - NEW 2018
- Spare Fortress FX37 anchor with 35' stainless chain and 200' nylon brait rode.
DECK EQUIPMENT AND FEATURES::
- Nidacore and fiberglass hard top with built-in rain catchment,
- Full cockpit enclosure and opening dodger
- Cockpit upholstery
- Heavy duty aluminum arch and bimini top frame with integral dinghy davits.
- Hard top on arch/bimini
- OceanAir integral hatch shades/screens on hatches.
- Salon exterior window covers.
- StrikeShield lightning protection system.
- Swivel captain’s chair.
- Overhead hatch above helm.
- Cockpit sun shades.
- Full boat sun shades.
- Cockpit table.
- (4)Storage boxes aft of seat in cockpit.
- Magma propane grill
- Sea and fresh water anchor wash-down on fore deck.
- Fresh water hot and cold shower at starboard transom steps.
SAILS AND RIGGING:
- Standing rigging upsized to 7/16", T-balls removed and tangs welded in place,
- all chain plates replaced. NEW 2016.
- Full batten Mack main with three reefs (NEW 2016).
- Fully battened Mack Camber spar jib with sail cover (NEW 2016).
- Custom Stack Pak (NEW 2016).
- Sail covers (NEW 2016).
- Doyle UPS Code 0 on a Facnor continuous line furler.
- All lines are led aft to the Cockpit.
- Harken 42 2-speed electric self-tailing winch handles all lines.
- Garhauer Adjustable boom vang and support.
- Dutchman boom break.
- Harken 42 2-speed spinnaker sheet winch.
- Tides StrongTrack system.
ENGINE AND MECHANICAL:
- (2) Volvo Penta 29 hp MD2030 fresh-water-cooled diesel engines with Volvo sail drives.
- Approximately 3100 hours.
- (2) Flex-O-Fold 3-blade folding props NEW 2017.
- (2) Volvo 3-blade folding props with line cutters as spares Stainless steel exhaust elbows on both engines and generator.
- Reverso oil change pumps integrated on all 3 engines for easy and clean oil changes.
- 360 gal/hr fuel polishing system with huge Racor 1000 filter and Reverso gear pump.
- Many spare cruising parts for engines, saildrives, watermaker, plumbing, freezer compressor controller, solar controller, etc.
- Seaward 11 gal stainless steel water heater
- CruiseRO 30gph watermaker with new (uninstalled) RO membranes and spares
- Pressurized fresh hot and cold water system.
- (2) 20 Gallon plastic black water tanks.
- (2) Jabsco macerator discharge pumps.
- (2) Automatic bilge pumps.
- (2) Whale Gusher manual bilge pumps.
- All non-corrosive Marelon thru-hulls and valves.
- Bottom was soda blasted and epoxy barrier coated
- 4 gallons of bottom paint are on the boat ready to be applied for new owner
- 2015 AB Alumina 10.5' Hypalon RIB dinghy
- 2015 Tohatsu 18hp 2-stroke outboard engine.
- (2) Automatic bilge pumps.
- (2) Manual bilge pumps.
- Strike Shield lightning protection system.
- Emergency tiller.
- Fire Extinguishers.
- Flare Kit.
- Life Jackets and throw ring.
- Bosun’s chair.
- Safety harnesses and lanyards.
- Dinghy anchor and rode.