(for sale as of )
Asking $195,000 (USD)
Location: St Augustine, Florida
S/V SeaBelle is a Florida based 2004 Maxim 380 catamaran for sale by owner
This Boat Owner requires financial settlement only ... trades will not be considered!!
S/V SeaBelle is a handsome cruising cat equipped for long range sailing. A fast, comfortable live aboard for blue water cruising, the deck layout is designed for safety and shorthanded sailing with all controls leading aft. She has forward water tight compartments with horizontal bulkheads and skeg supported rudders. This is another Alex Simonis design which shares most of the same traits as the popular Voyage line and was Cruising World's 2005 boat of the year.
S/V SeaBelle is a 38’ Maxim built in South Africa in 2004. After spending some time in Europe she came across to the southern Caribbean and then up to Tortola where the current owners purchased her. She has always had private ownership and has never been chartered.
We spent 2017-18 winter enjoying the southern Bahamas on her before sailing her again northward in March. She encountered 10’ seas with a 5’ counter sea off of northern Abaco and sailed well with one reef and ¾ roller furled jib in two days of 20 to 23 kt. winds making good time to land fall in southern Georgia.
She is roomy with her 4 cabin dual head plan providing lots of bed space for guests. Much has been done to improve the original exterior design. We have improved the Bimini to a new hard top with opening sections for visibility, wench handling and great air movement. A full width hard windshield with folding lateral sections provides complete visibility. The rear of the boat has been re designed and rebuild to include a back deck large enough for lawn chairs and a dingy lift system on an over head davit making lifting the dingy a quick and easy operation. The dingy davit also serves to solidly hold 730 watts of solar power service by a new Outback solar controller. She is now US 120 V.
Her Yanmar motors are solid with 3200 hours. Sail drives replaced in 2016. The engine peripherals including raw water pumps, starter belts and hoses have been replaced in fall 2018. Heat exchangers were cleaned and pressure tested in fall 2018.
The Maxim’s original up galley and spacious settee, which collapses into a lounge area, sets it apart from other cats its size. Faucets and sink are new. Complete Dishes and cooking utensils included. Deep freeze and separate fridge allow provisioning for long passages and remote excursions. The instrument package is a brand new fall 2018 Garmin system. The presentation of engine controls and instruments is mounted in smoked Plexiglas improving both its accessibility and style.
Many more details have been updated or replaced including LED lights inside and out, New heads, fresh paint, and so on. Plenty of the right spare parts. She has to be seen to understand that this is a boat you can climb on and go without worrying about immediate surprises.
We have now moved south of Miami to George Town Great Exuma where we will stay until we return to the states in April.
Maxim 380 Catamaran for Sale by Owner
Maxim 380 motor around Video
|Builder:||Maxim Yachts Durban, SA|
|Length Overall:||39' (11.90m)|
|Displacement:||13228lbs (6000 Kgs)|
|Mast height:||55' 10"(17m)|
|Sail Inventory:||Fully battened Mainsail (New 2017)
Furling genoa (New 2017)
Harken Bat Car System for Main (New 2017)
Profurl Genoa Furler
|Engines:||2 x Yanmar 3YM30 30hp diesel engines coupled to SD25 sail drives New 2016|
|Propellers:||Three blade fixed propellers|
|Speed:||Cruising: 7 knots - Maximum Speed: 9 knots|
|Water Tankage||132 gallons (500 litres)|
|Fuel Tankage||132 gallons (500 litres)|
- 4 double cabins (2 queen forward and 2 double aft)
- All cabins have hatch with screen and shade.
- 2 heads with showers
- Forward cabin have additional single bow berth
- GRP interior with solid wood trim, light ary, easy maintenance.
- Corian main cabin work surfaces
- Salon upholstery (new 2017)
- Wood salon table so seat 8 which can be converted to couch or double bed
- Lots of under seat storage
- 6 cabinets
- 4 hanging lockers
- Aft facing navigation station
- Coolmatic fridge
- Coolmatic top loading fridge/freezer
- Stailess steel sink (new 2018)
- Second drying sink with separate drain
- Stainless faucets fresh and salt water. (new 2018)
- 4 burner SMEV stove
- SMEV oven (propane sensor behind stove new 2018)
- Corian counter tops
- Garmin GPS MAP xs 940 with built in Blue water chart US and Bahamas (new 2018)
- Garmin Sail pack, wind depth speed and water temp. (new 2018)
- Garmin Mast head wind instrument wireless. (new 2018)
- Garmin Auto pilot computer and display (new 2018) chain driven motor original.
- Garmin 100 VHF radio (new 2017) Wire and masthead whip (new 2018)
- Garmin AIS send/receive utilizing independent GPS sensor (new 2018)
- Plastimo 130 compass
Sails and Rig:
- Fully battened Mainsail (New 2017)
- Furling genoa (New 2017)
- Harken Bat Car System for Main (New 2017)
- Asymmetrical Spinnaker
- Storm Jib
- Profurl Genoa Furler
- Spar craft 17m Double spreader mast
- Custom sail bag with lazy-jacks
- All running rigging comes to cockpit for eash short-handed sailing.
- 2 x Yanmar 3YM30 30hp diesel engines coupled to SD25 sail drives New 2016
- Three blade fixed propellers
- Isotherm 50L stainless water heater, using port engine heat.
- Fuel 600L in 2 Stainless Tanks
- Water 600L in 2 Stainless Tanks
- Holding tanks 50L 2 fiberglass tanks.
- LED lighting salon (new 2018) florescent lighting in cabins.
- 2 x 165 W Renogy panels (new 2018)
- 4 x 100 W Renogy panels (new 2017)
- Outback solar regulator (new 2018)
- 2 60 AMP house alternators
- House Battery bank 6 x 6V 200AH (new 2017)
- 110 V 2000W True sine wave inverter (new 2018)
- 110 outlets
- Link 2000 Zantrex battery monitoring system
- Dingy davit supplants Telescopic boom derrick for lifing tender
- Full cockpit coverage Hard Bimini with non slip boom walk(new 2018)
- Large opening bimini panels for winch work with lateral safety rail(new 2018)
- Full windshield Optix plex Lateral segments opening. (new 2018)
- Full surround side and rear vinyl panels with clear vinyl windows. (new 2018)
- 3 Andersen self-tailing winches (two main winches rebuilt 2018)
- Cockpit table
- Cockpit cushions (recovered 2018 blue sunbrella with white piping)
- 3 large cockpit lockers
- Cockpit propane tank locker 2 x 20 lb fiberglass tanks
- Cockpit under floor locker
- 2 large forward deck storage lockers
- Stainless propane Grill
- Hot and cold shower middle of rear deck (new 2018) Port sugar scoop shower
- 2013) Grey webbing trampolines
- 8 Lewmar deck hatches
- Salt water deck wash
Anchors & Docking:
- Rocna 25kg primary anchor with 150 ft of chain
- Lofrans Cayman 80 windlass
- 8 fenders
- Dock lines
- 10 foot large balloon Highfield double bottom aluminum RIB (2016)
- 25 HP Yamaha enduro with planeing fins(new 2017)
- 6 liter gas tank
- 4 self inflating life jackets
- 3 children’s life hackets
- 4 adult life jackets
- Ditch bag with new flares
- 2 manual bilge pumps
- 4 electric bilge pumps
- Emergency tiller
- Fog horn