Contact the owner by clicking here.
(for sale as of )
Asking: $92,000 (USD)
Location: LaPaz, Mexico
S/V Tisha Baby is a Mexico based 1989 PDQ 36 catamaran for sale by owner
We are selling our PDQ 36 catamaran, but we are cruising the Sea of Cortez this winter. If you are interested, the best place to see it is in the Sea of Cortez!
The PDQ 36 provides an excellent combination of comfort, safety, performance and affordability in an impeccably manufactured yacht. This boat was not designed to fit in as many charterers as possible for a week at a time. It was designed for a couple with occasional guests. The result is excellent accommodations for four rather than cramped accommodations for 8.
The spacious layout features 2 forward staterooms with queen berths. Each stateroom has 2 dressers and one hanging locker. The storage space is incredible and it is easily accessed.
The galley (down in port hull) with counter space and storage rarely seen in boats this size. The galley down configuration and the hatch configuration produce a galley that stays comfortably cool even in the tropics.
The Engel freezer is located at the aft of this room and is convenient to the galley.
The saloon occupies the full width of the bridge deck and has very comfortable dining for 4 and reasonable dining for 7.
The saloon settees have drop-in panels and cushions to provide 2 short single berths. These are ideal for children and also double as passage berths.
The nav station is in the starboard hull and features a desk-style area for charts or computers as well as access to the radios, breakers, battery monitor and dual solar ammeters. Also in the nav area is an 8 foot long storage cabinet with smoked sliding doors; crazy amounts of storage with easy access. There is no having to lift a mattress or cushion and root around in a dark space as is the case on many boats.
The head is aft of the nav area with head sink, shower a hanging locker. It is truly one of the most spacious heads I have seen on anything short of a mega-yacht.
Overall, the superb design of the PDQ 36 creates a stunning, airy interior offering privacy, a gracious entertaining area, and two luxurious staterooms complete with queen-size beds. She is the ideal size for single-handing, perfect for family cruising, or two couples on a holiday. Every PDQ is hand-crafted with custom-fitted cabinetry, incorporating the finest cherry veneers, teak accents and three coats of varnish throughout.
The PDQ 36 is constructed of the highest grade, 100 per cent vinylester resins, biaxial knitted fabrics with Klegecell coring fused together under vacuum pressure. The yacht is built with tremendous structural integrity, designed for severe sea conditions. She has six watertight flotation tanks fore and aft offering unparalleled buoyancy and safety. A PDQ will sit upright on her keels and rudders for convenient storage, a bottom scrub, or beaching. Enjoy the near absence of heeling, feel the confidence of great stability no matter how fast she's sailing.
|Builder||PDQ Yachts Inc.|
|LOA||36' 0" / 11m|
|LWL||34' 4" / 10.5m|
|Beam||18'3" / 5.5m|
|Draft||2'10" / .85m|
|Mast Height||51' / 15.25m|
|Engines||Two 9.9 hp Yamaha T9.9GPXR ourboards in wells|
|Sail Area||Doyle Mainsail
Scott 130% genoa on Harken roller
North Triradial Symmetric Spinnaker
44' mast (4 ft taller than standard)
|Cruising Speed:||6-8 knots
Maximum Speed: We have seen 12-15 knots reaching downwind.
|Fuel||46 US gal / 174 liter|
|Fresh water||50 Us gal / 189 liter|
- 2 Staterooms with Queen bunk over bridgedeck
- 2 opening hatches in each stareroom
- 1 Jabsco manual toilet
- Holding tank for toilet
- Galley down to port
- Storage room aft of Galley
- Each cabin has one hanging locker with 3 drawers forward and 4 more drawers behind the stareroom door
- 5 Two speed 12 volt fans.
- 2 Burner propane stove with oven
- Refrigerator and separate portable Engel freezer/refrigerator
- Double stainless steel sink
- Storage cabinets and shelving
- Dishes, glasses, silverware and cookware
- Pressurized fresh water, 50 gallon tank
- Plumbing in place for water heater
- Two propane tanks
COCKPIT / SALON:
- Cockpit shower
- Cockpit electric saltwater washdown
DECK / HULL:
- Helmsman seat
- 2 Lewmar 43 jib sheet winches
- 1 Lewmar 16 reefing winch
- 8:1 main sheet with 8 ft wide traveler
- all lines run back to the cockpit
- single wheel steering
- Helm station with twin engine controls
- Storage under aft cockpit seating
- AB dinghy with fiberglass bottom
- Tohatsu 6hp 4 stroke dinghy motor New 2016
- 9.5 ft AB rib.
- Dinghy davit on rear arch
- S/S swim ladder port side
- Freshwater dock inlet
- Bimini with back shade and side curtains
- Shade cloth cover for off season storage
- Double bow trampolines
- Deck light on mast
- Large bow compartments
- Quick 1000W Windlass
- Spade A-100 anchor with 130' of 3/8 chain spliced into about 300' of 5/8 nylon
- 35 lb CQR, 50' 5/16 galv. Chain, Approx. 200 ' 5/8 3 strand
- Danforth, 20' 5/16 galv chain, Approx. 150' ½ in 3 strand
- Lowrance HDS5 chartplotter with sounder
- Separate Garmin Fishfinder160
- Wired for Raymarine C80 Radar, but display is missing
- Raymarine S2 autopilot with below deck ram
- Standard Horizon GX1250 Matrix VHF with AIS and DSC
- VHF#2 Icom IC-M32 handheld
- ACR globalfix ipro category II manual release EPIRB
- SSB radio tuner ICOM IC-M802 with AT-140 Tuner and Pactor Modem SCS PTC-IIusb
- Sony Bluetooth Radio/CD/MP3 player with 2 speakers in the salon and 2 waterproof in the cockpit
- 110 Volt AC electrical system
- 12 Volt DC electrical panel
- Xantrex battery monitor meter
- 12 volt DC to 110 volt AC inverter 1000 watts
- 110 volt outlets around the boat
- 5 House batteries New 2017
- 40A Battery charger
- 30 amp shore power cord
- freshwater pressure 12 volt water pump
- Spectra 200T watermaker
- 2 automatic bilge pumps 12 volt
- manual bilge pump in cockpit
- 12V anchor washdown pump
- 12V cockpit washdown pump
- 400W in 5 solar panels on arch with Blue Sky MPPT solar regulator
- 200W solar panel on bimini with Sunsei regulator
MAST AND RIGGING:
- Doyle Mainsail
- Scott 130% genoa on Harken roller
- North Triradial Symmetric Spinnaker
- Anodized aluminum boom and mast
- 44' mast (4 ft taller than standard)
ENGINE AND MECHANICAL:
- Two 9.9 hp Yamaha T9.9GPXR ourboards in wells
- 46 gal. fuel tank
- Dual lever controls
- Fuel filters/separators
- Fire extinguishers
- life ring lifebuoy
- ACR GPS EPIRB
- Flares and can horn