(for sale as of )
Asking: €125,000 (Euro)
Location: Cartagena, Spain
S/V Barracuda 3 is a Spain based 1996 Prout Escale Catamaran for sale by owner
This Boat Owner requires financial settlement only ... trades will not be considered!!
This boat features double watch berth forward of the saloon, Double cabins in each stern One Forecabin with single berth, 2x heads with WC, basin and Shower. Her Galley is in the Starboard hull with a Nav station in the Port Hull.
Barracuda 3 was one of the last Prout Catamarans to be built in the Canvey Island Yard in the UK. She is built for blue water cruising and is easily sailed by a couple as all sails can be handled without leaving the cockpit. She is a pretty boat and has been the subject of much comment here in Spain. When we were looking for a Prout she was the one we wanted as she has wooden galley and chart table areas rather than the plastic ones and a square shaped saloon (reupholstered September 2018) not the more usual horseshoe.
- Two stern double berths.
- To starboard comprises athwartships double bed, 2M x 1.5M foam mattress, wardrobe, drawers, cupboards, storage bin/seat, LED lighting and twin, dual speed 12v fans. Access to starboard engine and bilge
- To port comprises athwartships double bed, 2M x 1.5M foam mattress, wardrobe, drawers, cupboard, heads (electric flush sea toilet, sink, shower), access to port engine and bilge, toilet seacocks.
- Single berth forwards on starboard side with 5’4” (1620mm) bed, wardrobe, cupboard, shelves, wall mounted mirror fronted cupboard. Storage lockers under berth.
- Double berth, 2M x 1.5M forward of saloon.
- Saloon has seating for eight, table, two corner storage bins, storage under all seating.
There is a head forward in port hull with electric flush toilet with 100 litre holding tank, shower, sink, two cupboards, access to toilet seacocks, door to forward storage area and holding tank. Another head is Ensuite to rear berth with sink, shower cupboards and sea toilet.
She had a full out of water survey in September 2015 and no serious issues were found. The Owner has replaced the saloon windows with custom made windows, bonded in place without bolts. Over the past three years these have been thoroughly tested in breaking seas and heavy thunderstorms, Barracuda has stayed dry throughout. An example of the meticulous maintenance performed on this boat. All recommendations except the installation of electric bilge pumps have been carried out.
Like many Prouts she has in the past suffered from leaking windows, however in January 2016 these were replaced with custom made windows bonded in without bolts. Over the past three years these have been thoroughly tested in breaking seas and heavy thunderstorms, Barracuda has stayed dry in these bad conditions. She had a full out of water survey in September 2015 and no serious issues were found. All the recommendations have been carried out with the exception of the installation of electric bilge pumps. An example of the meticulous maintenance performed on this boat.
She has been lightly used from new with only 8713NM on the log. She has been well maintained, the engines have been regularly serviced since we purchased her, they start easily and run sweetly.
She comes fully equipped and ready to provide her new owners with adventures. All in all we will be very sorry to say goodbye to her.
|Builder:||G. Prout and Sons|
|Designer:||John Underwood design from Prout Snowgoose Elite|
|Model:||Prout Escale 39|
|Construction:||To Lloyd’s ISO 9002/BS5750
solid fibre glass below water line, foam/balsa cored above water line
|Length Overall:||39 ft (11.9m)|
|LWL:||35 ft (10.7M)|
|Beam:||18 ft 3 inches (5.55M)|
|Draft:||3 ft 3 in (1m)|
|Displacement:||15,679 lbs./ 7111 kgs|
|Mast height:||58 ft 0 inches (17.67M)|
battened 243 sq. ft. slab reefing main
|Engine||2 X Yanmar 3GM30 diesel engines 29hp coupled to Yanmar SD20 saildrives.|
|Cruising speed||5 knots @1800rpm|
|Headroom:||Hulls: 6.90 ft / 2.10m ........ Saloon: 6.24 ft / 1.90 m|
|Cabins:||2 double. One small single. Plus one double watch berth forward of saloon|
|Berths:||7 total. 3 double berths plus 1 single berth|
|Fresh Water Tankage||158 gals (600 ltrs)|
|Fuel Tankage||2 x 150 litre fuel tanks / 80 gals (300 ltrs)|
|Holding tank||26 gals (100 ltrs)|
- To Lloyd’s ISO 9002/BS5750
- Hand laid solid fibreglass below the waterline.
- Above the waterline cored with Airex/Divincell or balsa.
- Two stern double berths.
- 2 double berths.
- One small single berth.
- Plus one double watch berth forward of saloon
- 2 heads
- Prout triple sink with mixer tap
- Three burner hob
- SMEV gas oven and grill
- 75 litre fridge with freezer compartment
- Six drawers, four double fronted cupboards, three lockers
- Double 13A three pin socket (shore power only)
- Gas cut off switch
- Gas alarm
- Fire blanket
- 1Kg powder fire extinguisher
- Access to forward bilge and starboard water tank (300L).
- Toshiba satellite 15” laptop with OpenCPN chart plotting software and CM93Med charts.
- AIS overlay with GPS data from Digital Yacht AIS class B transponder.
- Furuno radar.
- Three double fronted cupboards
- two single cupboards
- three drawers,
- 135 litre chest fridge.
- Horizon explorer VHF radio with DSC and GPS
- Digital Yacht AIS class B transponder with separate antenna
- HF radio receiver
- Furuno radar
- Pioneer radio/CD player with saloon and cockpit speakers
- Spanish TV with indoor antenna
- Magellan handheld GPS
- 200W solar panel on tilting frame with autotilt
- 60W flexible solar panel on long lead
- 20A charge controller
- 4 x Trojan 27TMX deep cycle 105Ah batteries (fitted new June 2017)
- Battery charger
- 2 x 95Ah (710 CCA) engine batteries, each with 10W solar trickle charger
- 800W inverter, continental style sockets
- 150W inverter, British style socket
- 1KW water heater. Shore power only
- 2 x 12V ‘cigar lighter’ outlets
- 12V ‘cigar lighter’ extension lead
- 2 x 12V 10A fused ‘Dri plug’ outlets
- 8 x 230V outlets. British 13A style. Shore power only
- 2 x Jaycar ultrasonic antifouling systems.
- 12V bilge pump
- 3 x waterproof torches
- Magnetic compass
- Autohelm ST50 Log ,depth, wind strength, wind direction (true, relative), VMG
- ST7000 autopilot
- Engine tachometers
- fuel gauges
- warning lights and alarms.
Sails & Rig:
- Prout mini rig with battened 243 sq. ft. slab reefing main
- lazy Jacks and zip up bag
- 125 sq. ft. furling self-tacking staysail
- 475 sq. ft. furling genoa. Jeckells sails
- Profurl furling.
- Two Lewmar 46 ST two speed winches
- Lewmar 16 winch.
Engines & Mechanical:
- Two Yanmar 3GM30 to Yanmar SD20 saildrive.
- Two blade fixed propellers.
- Two separate fuel tanks, each 150 liters
- Both engines heat single central calorifier.
- 2 x Automatic fire extinguisher
- Fresh Water Tankage 1287 ltrs
- Fuel Tankage 300 ltrs
- Holding tank 100 ltrs
- Global Profix EPIRB
- VHF radio with DSC
- AIS transponder
- Radar reflector
- 2 x 150N automatic adult lifejackets with integral safety harness.
- 3 x manual inflation adult lifejackets.
- 100N foam filled child lifejacket
- Safety harness
- 2 x 1.5M Seago safety lines
- 30m throwing line
- Grab bags x2
- Gas detector and alarm
- 6 x 1Kg powder fire extinguishers, fire blanket
- Simpson Lawrence electric windlass
- 20Kg Delta with 30M of 10mm chain and 30M of 22mm warp on bow roller
- 20Kg CQR
- kedge with 5M of 8MM chain and 15M warp
- Nylon bridle
- Walker Bay 10 rigid dinghy on Simpson Lawrence davits.
- 6 ft. wooden oars.
- Bison 12V 62 lb. thrust electric outboard, 40Ah battery.
- Three part aluminium mast, plus boom, bowsprit, mainsail and jib. Dagger board and rudder.
- bilge pumps (manual)
- Simpson Lauwence davits
- Grab bags fenders
- boat hooks
- Bosun's chair
- all linen and cooking equipment, crockery and cutlery