(for sale as of )
Asking $64,900 (USD)
Location: Cape Coral, Florida
S/V Catatonic is a Florida based 1977 Prout Snowgoose 35 for sale by owner
The Snow Goose was upgraded to later model specs with the addition of a stainless aluminum arch, additional Stays,heavier rigging and much larger Genoa. It also has a storm gib and a socked Spinnaker. The Arch carries 400 watts of Solar and the Garmin Radar. It can also support a dinghy.
Custom stainless aluminum transom was added to support the two outboards. One 2016 Honda 15 4-stroke and one 2012 Yamaha 25 4-stroke. The Honda will push the boat into a 30 knot wind at 5 knots. With fuel consumption at slightly over 1/2 gallon per hour. Using both engines, the top speed is 9 knots. Bottom ground down for new barrier coat of resin, epoxy and bottom paint in last year. The Solar panels charge two deep cycle 12v batteries, which run the fridge and all required anchor or navigation lights all night. Galley was rebuilt and now has new teak and holly countertops, SS stove, Microwave, dual sinks. Water is electric or foot pump. A new 1 ton air conditioning unit was installed plumbed to the master berth and the head. There is a custom boat cover to protect the Cat from heat and weather keeps cabin temps down to ambient.
This boat features a Queen size Captain's berth, with large amount of storage, a full slide out mahogany navigator’s table, and two aft berths fit with single bed size mattresses. Her sails are in good order with a Roller Genny which is 7 years old but has a newer cover. The Mainsail is of unknown age but when sunbrella was added sailmaker said it was in very good shape. Her Boom is a roller reefer but can be used that way or as normal. The genny is a large sail which comes to rear of cockpit as the mainsail on a Prout is small by design, and used more for wind redirection than push. It is rarely needed. All sail controls lead to the cockpit and the boat can be single-handed.
Some important upgrades and modifications to S/V Catatonic:
- New Teak and holly floor in center nacelle and entry platform to cabin.
- Interior painted.
- New rebuilt fridge box increasing insulation, new compressor and evaporator.
- New 1 ton AC vented to master berth and head.
- New control cables, new 20 gal gas tank, fuel lines, etc.
- New custom fiberglass engine covers.
- Removable 2x2’ Teak grate for access to ladder and engines.
- New hydraulic steering cylinder, lines and rebuilt pump.
- New paint for top and sides. New non- skid in a gray highlight.
- Garmin 741xi chart plotter, Nexxus anemometer, Garmin network and wifi.
- All new rigging, mast wiring, LED nav lights.
- New electric windlass. New Chain for electric windlass Dual Anchors are 35lbs each.
- New Plexi windows.
- Teak handrails on cabin top.
- New SS Helm wheel
- Autohelm 3000/4000 hybrid autopilot.
- New salon cushions.
- Bright work restored, replaced or redesigned with increased storage.
- Galley was rebuilt with New teak and holly countertops
- SS stove, Microwave, dual sinks. Water is electric or foot pump.
- Forward berth converted to pantry and storage.
- New toilet
- Remodeled Head with new counter top. New sink/shower pump, shower, and faucet. Teak floor grate for shower.
Prout Snowgoose 35
Prout Snowgoose 35 Walk Through Video
|Builder:||G. Prout and Sons|
|Designer:||G. Prout and Sons|
|Length Overall:||35 feet (10.7 meters)|
|LWL:||30' (9.15 meters)|
|Beam:||15' (4.5 meters)|
|Draft:||2'9" (.84 meters)|
|Displacement:||8,000 lbs dry (3630 Kilos)|
|Mast height:||45 ft 0 inches|
|Engine||2016 Honda 15 4-stroke and one 2012 Yamaha 25 4-stroke|
|Cruising Speed:||6 Knots
|Max Speed:||9 Knots|
|Water Tankage||100 gals / 380L|
|Fuel Tankage||20 gals / 80L|
- 1 Queen + 2 Aft Cabins
- AC – Ocean Breeze 2015
- Salon and queen berth can be converted into one large sitting area or two sleeping areas.
- Upholstery salon new cushions/foam- seats/backs, Cream and Tan 2018
- Automatic bilges each side.
- LED’s throughout cabin 2017-18
- Air Mattress 3/2018
- 3-burner SS propane stove
- Refrigerator/freezer 2016
- Double SS sink
- Whale foot pump or electric pump.
- Teak and holly Counter tops– galley 1/2017
- Stainless Aluminum Arch
- Lifts 10' tender
- 4 Renology 100 watt panels
- Pro Logix controller
- Bimini with detachable sun shades
- Life sling
- Propane tank, 20 lb.
- aft cleats
- Swim ladder
- Cockpit table
- Jabsco Head, Black water tank 12 gal.
- Shower pump, wash down
- Shower in head
- Medicine cabinet
Sails and Rigging:
- Main Sail – full batten roller reefing Sunbrella cover
- Furling Genoa with Sunbrella cover 2014
- Sock Spinnaker
- Sheets - 2015
- LED anchor and navigation lights. 2015
- LED Deck light – 2015
- Sail storage bags
- 5 GPM wash down Shower pump 12/2018
- Main water system – Flojet pump replaced 12/2018
- Garmin Radar and GPS 741xs 2016
- Autohelm Auto St300-4000 hybrid
- Standard Horizon AIS marine transceiver
- Nexxus Wind speed and direction
- LED Compass
- Garmin wifi
- Battery Bank voltage indicator
- Lowrance Backup Depth Instrument – 6/2010
- Sony compact disc system
- Solar panels (4) 100 watts each never shaded
- 12 v Deep cycle (2) 12/2018
- Shore power cable 50’ 3/2019
- SS solar vent/light (5)
- Honda High Thrust 15 HP 2016
- Yamaha 25 HP installed 6/2012
- Alternators 12 and 6 amp respectively
- Yamaha Dual Engine control. Power tilt
- Telefex control cables 2018
- Racor Fuel filter/water separator
- PFDs (4) orange in storage bag
- EPIRB –
- Fire extinguishers (3)
- MOB Life Sling recovery system
- Safety flares
- Life Lines/harness
- Fender 8” (4)
- Fender 6” (2)
- Dock Lines (4)
- Lines extra, various sizes
- Charger 2-20 Amp battery charger
- Steering cables
- Barrier paint and bottom job – 06/2018
- Forward starboard berth converted to large pantry
- 35 lb with 50’ of 1/4” SS chain- 100’ of 1/2” line
- Electric Windlass 2018
- 33 lb Anchor with 75’ of 3/8” galvanized chain and 100" 5/8" rope
- Anchor Cleat 12"
- Cleats 10” on bow (2)