Contact the owner by clicking here.
(for sale as of )
Asking: $50,000 (USD)
Location: Willemstad, Curacao
S/V Prout Tween is a Caribbean based 1978 Prout Snowgoose 37 for sale by owner
The Snowgoose is renown for its rugged construction and seakindliness as these boats were built to cross oceans, and not as additions to Caribbean charter fleets. Somewhere around 500 boats were built, and, although statements like this are impossible to confirm, its been said that nearly 100 have completed circumnavigations. The Snowgoose can be found in every ocean on the planet. This particular Prout has had only one owner in her life. A man who has continuously updated the boat over the years.
The boat has a full galley to starboard with cabins forward and aft. Starboard side has nav station with head forward and cabin aft. There is also a double berth forward in the main salon.
She has been operated and maintained exclusively by her owner who has a strong engineering background. As such many of the well known deficiencies of the model have been eliminated. Note that the Sonic Drive and the rudders are mechanically connected. This boat turns on a dime.
The interior is simple and lightweight in order to maintain good sailing performance. A combination of classic woods and modern materials give the boat a spacious and open feeling that is hard to find on a boat this size.
This boat is located in Willemstad, Curacao, in the southern Caribbean. She's in pretty good condition but there are a couple of things that need attending to. A fresh set of batteries and an extra solar panel and the Diesel cooktop has some issues and may need a replacement. A new mattress in one of the bunks, and you're good to go.
|Builder:||G. Prout and Sons|
|Designer:||G. Prout and Sons|
|Length Overall:||37 ft 0 in / 11.3m|
|LWL:||35 ft 0 in / 10.7m|
|Beam:||15 ft 2 in / 4.6m|
|Draft:||3 ft 0 in / .9m|
|Mast height:||45 ft 0 inches|
|Engine||Lombardini 3 cylinder diesel 18Kw with transmission, (eliminated the clutch integrated in the outdrive) Modified Sonic outdrive with hydraulic steering and lift.|
|Fresh Water Tankage||80 gals / 300L (in two tanks)|
|Fuel Tankage||42 gals / 160L|
- 3 double berths
- seating area converts to large berth
- vacuum flush head with shower
- Stereo- Cabin stereo
- 24" LCD TV 12v
- WIFI high gain antenna system
- Diesel Cooker with 2 burners and oven
- Galley - all stainless 2 sink counter
- Water System - manual and pressurized
- Water Maker- 12v PUR powersurvivor
- GPS- Garmin GPS
- Raytheon Radar
- autohelm Autopilot
- VHF Radio
- Batteries (12v 500Ah)
- Led lighting throughout
- 60 amp alternator on main engine
- Shore Power cable
- Inverter 1kw 220v
- Solar Panels 200w
- Wind generator KISS 400w
- Isolation transformer 110-220v conversion
- Main sail
- Genoa 2x
Engine, drive and rudders:
- Lombardini 3 cylinder diesel 18Kw with transmission, (eliminated the clutch integrated in the outdrive)
- steerable Sonic outdrive
- hydraulic lift.
- Hydraulic steering with mechanically linked rudders.
- Many spare parts for engine on board.
- Radar Reflector
- Fire Extinguishers - 4
- Bilge Pump Manual 2x
- Bilge Pumps Electric 2x
- Lots of Spares and Tools
- AB 12ft aluminum bottom lightweight RIB
- 4hp Mercury 4 stroke outboard engine
- Anchors- Fortress, 20kg Danforth
- large quantity of chain and rope