(for sale as of )
Asking: $124,900 (USD)
Location: Antigua (Carib)
S/V Sundog 1 is a 1996 Antigua based Seawind 1000 catamaran for sale by owner
This Boat Owner requires financial settlement only ... trades will not be considered!!
She features a large double bed, additonal bunk and bathroom portside. On the starboard side, kitchen, additional bunk, desk and seperate cabin. The saloon features a large table that can convert to a huge daybed for lounging while under sail. In all, 2 cabins and 4 berths are included. Whether you are looking for a weekender, a live aboard or cruising adventure, this Seawind 1000 is a solid, safe cruising catamaran that moves beautifully in the water and more than comfortable to live on.
The functional galley is loaded with fridge, a small oven and gas 2 burner stove top making meal preparation hassle free. She has a galley bench top w/ integral double sink and drain.
The Seawind 1000's 19 1/2 foot beam put her on the beamier side of catamaran design for her length, but still within the general envelope of modern catamaran proportions. As boat designers know, the wider stance reduces hull wave interferance and improves performance and the extra beam also gives her the stability to handle a very full mainsail. Her design features fixed keels about 1/3 amid ship and spade rudders and dual helms with comfortable captains chairs at each of them.
This Seawind has outboard engine power because of their easy servicing. She is fitted with two 9.9hp four-stroke extralong shaft Yamahas, mounted on a lifting bracket to keep the powerhead well clear of the sea. She is simply rigged and easy to single-hand.
This catamaran for sale by owner has a 4 foot transom extensions for easy boarding and faster sailing. The boat has the soft centre Bimini. It has been registered in the USA in the past. We are actively cruising in the Caribbean - mostly around Antigua this year. Seawind 1000s are powered by outboard motors that lift completely out of the water for sailing. Boat has one head in the aft port side. This boat has no operating underwater thruhulls. Many recent upgrades.
The maintenance and attention paid to this boat on a continual basis, the upgrading and replacement when necessary shows everywhere you look both inside and out. Bottom sanded thoroughly December 2019, primed with Interlux primer and 2 coats of Interlux Caribbean (blue). Standing rigging - diamonds replaced in 2013 and remainder replaced December 2017.
Wherever you want to go S/V Sundog 1 can take you there as she has for us. She's a proven passage maker and just as important, she did it in style and comfort with safety and ease.
|Builder||Seawind Catamarans, Australia|
|Construction:||laminates in Vinyl Ester Resin|
|Length Overall:||11.25 metre (37 ft 0 in)|
|LWL:||11 metre (36 ft 0 in)|
|Beam:||6.0 metres (19 ft 5 in)|
|Headroom:||1.9M (6 ft 4 in)|
|Draft:||1.1 metres (3 ft 6 in)|
|Displacement:||3,990 kg (8,800 lb)|
|Sail Area:||Main 484 ft²
Jib 178 ft²
|Bridge Clearance:||17.0 metre (56’)|
|Engines:||Yamaha 9.9 outboards (x2)|
|Water capacity:||100 gallons (400 litres)|
|Fuel Tanks:||20 gallons (80 litres)|
- 2 Cabins
- 4 Berths
- Galley down
- Large Salon
- Large Head
- Nature’s head with extra fluids container (this is our second boat with a Nature’s head and we have been very pleased with this decision)
- Danfoss aircooled refrigeration
- integral double sink and drain board
- Double stainless steel sinks
- Lots of counter space in galley
- Maxie 2 burner propane stove with grill
- 2 10lb propane tanks
- Pressurized cold water
- all cutlery, dishes, glasses, cooking utensils, stainless steel pots, fry pans (Rock nonstick type), plastic storage click type containers etc. Included
- Dual Helms
- Shower at port stern
- Comfortable captains chairs at each helm.
- Outdoor marine propane BBQ new in 2015
- New stern seat cushions and cockpit cushions in 2019
- Toyota sewing machine
- Bedding, towels and many spare parts
- And some tools
- Honda 2000 generator for water maker new in 2015
- 4 - 6 volt Trojan batteries 480 amp hours New in 2019
- 2 - 135 watt solar panels
- MPPT solar regulator
- ProNautic 60 charger new in Nov 2015
- Kisea 1000 watt inverter New in November 2015
- Lowrance Link 8 VHF radio (AIS receiver) new in Nov 2015
- Garmin Echomap 70DV chartplotter with depth sounder connected to VHF for AIS info
- CPT auto pilot new in 2017
- am/fm radio with speakers
Engines & Mechanical:
- 2 - 9.9 Yamaha outboards new in 2016
- Approximately 450 hours and serviced yearly.
- 2 plastic 10 gallon fuel tanks
- 105 gallon integrated water tank
- Cruise R/O 20 gph water maker new in 2015 (lots of pickling solution powder and several extra filters aboard)
Sails and Rig:
- Full battened mainsail (new in 2015) with Mack Pack and lazy jacks
- New jib on order from North sails - old one is still serviceable
- A spinnaker is on board but we have not used it
- bow sprit and furler for a screecher if one is desired by a new owner
- Standing rigging diamonds replaced in 2013 and remainder replaced December 2017
- Simpson Lawrence electric windlass
- 45 lb Mantus main anchor with 100 ft chain and 200ft rope rode (rode new in 2015)
- 33 lb Spade secondary anchor with 75 ft chain ride and 100ft rope rode (all new in 2015)
- 10 ft hard bottom Caribe dinghy
- With new in 2019 15hp Tohatsu 2 stroke outboard