Contact the owner by clicking here
(for sale as of )
Price Reduced!! $139,000 (USD)
Location: Phuket, Thailand
S/V Paw Paw is a Thailand based 2005 11.7m Whitehaven catamaran for sale by owner
This Boat Owner requires financial settlement only ... trades will not be considered!!
Australian Mark Pescott's design philosophy of light, low windage profiles, and yet super strong construction, Western Red Cedar and Epoxy Glass means you get a boat that performs under sail which can take the rigors of what the ocean throws at it . The Whithavens boat designs have high aspect ratio hulls at the waterline then from the bow there is a wider flare to give added buoyancy and a deflection line for the water and spray off the bows when in ocean sailing mode
S/V Paw Paw has been built as a cruising boat with a fully covered Saloon and is constructed from Western Red Cedar with West System Epoxy Glass encapsulation. This makes her extremely strong , light and capable of lasting many more decades of ocean sailing. Her designed curves give her an integral strength and from all angles she shows a low windage profile.
Recently we have been cruising SE Asia and Paw Paw was hauled for an extensive refit. New items include Smev Cook top, deep Stainless Steel kitchen Sink with new SS faucet, new settee covers, painted hulls and deck top, new Halyards, furling line, dagger board lines.
Many boat buyers say they want cruising performance, living comforts and low cost and I have heard it said you can’t have all three , well this Whitehaven proves that a balanced design makes it possible.
High bridge deck clearance also compliments the sailing performance . I have had her over 15 knots but did peg it back to a nice 10 to 12 under auto helm , you put the miles away and can calculate high mile days when coastal hopping . She is powered by a wonderfully simple but very powerful 60 HP Yamaha Outboard which turns with the wheel. Cruising revs produce 5 to 6 knots with low fuel consumption around 4.5 liters per hour. The extra horses come into their own when trying to make that anchorage before dark or you get caught by a racing tide, very comforting.
Cruising in Asia you will connect with ropes attached to crab and lobster traps, yet it’s no problem as we simply lift the engine with prop at cockpit level and clear the obstruction. There’s also the benefit of no drag or fouling of the leg or prop with the prop clear of the water when sailing. (I had sail drives on another boat … never again).
This is a sailors boat but does have a very roomy and comfortable interior, with over 6 ft across the saloon between the hulls. The extra-large galley and pantry down on the port side provide storage and work space to accommodate any ambitious chef. The hulls are filled with natural light from high tech "Shinkalite" viewing windows which are custom fitted to the boats curves. She has two double cabins plus two possible V berths. We use the master’s side as a walk-in closet.
An All Yacht Spar Rig with new wiring in 2015 carries a fully battened Main a pro furling Genoa and a prodder mounted Screetcher. She can carry 300 liters of tanked water and 250 liters of fuel.
In 2017 we cruised her over 6000 miles from Sydney to Phuket with the kids visiting onboard for Christmas. At times we sailed with other much larger Cats and had our days of dropping anchor first or even alone in a bay further along. This boat will appeal to the person who wants to know his boat hulls will not deteriorate in strength and value, and who will appreciate that this boat ride well at over 15 to 20 knots.
|Construction:||Western Red Cedar with West System Epoxy Glass encapsulation|
|Vessel Flag:||New Zealand|
|LOA :||39' 0" / 11.88 M|
|LWL :||39' 0" / 11.88 M|
|Beam :||20’ 6" / 6.25 M|
|Draft :||3' 0” / .9 M boards up --- 5' 11" / 1.8 M boards down|
|Mast Height:||51’4" / 15.5 M|
|Displacement :||5.5 t / 11500 Lbs|
|Sails:||Screecher on retractable prodder with continuous furling led aft.
Genoa on Profurl drum furler led aft
Main fully battened with three reefs
With boom bag and lazy jacks.
|Engines:||60 HP Yamaha Outboard|
|Water Tank:||80 gallons (300 L)|
|Fuel Tank:||66 gallons (250 L )|
- Two burner gas lpg cook top
- self draining gas lockers x 3 at aft side of cockpit.
- Australian built Sst BBQ.
- New Sst sink and fresh water tap from 3x 100 litre inbuilt with saltwater tap.
- Thru bench organic waste disposal .
Sails and rigging:
- All Yacht Spars with all wires new in 2015 including life lines.
- Screecher on retractable prodder with continuous rope loop furling led aft.
- Genoa on Profurl drum furler led aft.
- Main fully battened with three reefs , first two accessed at the Mast .
- With boom bag and lazy jacks.
- VHF with linked to AIS.
- B&G Vulcan Chart Plotter mounted at the helm.
- Raymarine wheel pilot .
- Garmin GPS
- Raymarine depth sounder
- Mount for tablet at the helm with Navionics or your choice of app .( my personal tablet not included)
- Mast head windex.
- New (2017) Wired Raymarine Wind Instrument (not yet installed)
- Two independent battery systems
- 3 x Unisolar 70 watt Panels on Bimini
- 3 x Unisolar 64 watt Panels on Davits
- 300 amp hour LiFe PO4 with management system powered thru its own Unisolar panels and Solar MPPT charger plus a 220 volt back up charger from either Honda or Shore Power.
- Fitted with required Earth Leakage Breaker.
- Original Lead Acid Batteries (new 2014) powered thru Unisolar on the Adjustable Davit top and its own charger with 220 volt Inverter Charger.
- Trampolines x 2 from Pirrelli mesh, newly imbedded glass rods on all 4 sides.
- Forebeam glass composite with inbuilt arch and fixed Alloy Inverted V wire tensioner.
- Composite Glass Cat Walk with anchor Roller is wide and safe .
- Stainless Steel Pulpit with 6 double mounted stanchions each side supporting two life lines to the aft steps.
- Side Mounted Dagger Boards in custom glassed cases and separate raising and lowering lines led aft .
- deep rope fore deck with twist SS Latch and self draining outlet.
- fore deck Anchor Locker with electric windlass and chain fall compartment under, also stores one back up anchor.
- Opening Weaver Deck Hatches x 9
- Hardtop Bimini with raised edge for water catchment.
- Aft step hatches to large storage lockers.
- Acrylic covered window above steering station, with sliding polycarbonate shield
- Alloy Engineered Davits tube braced supporting adjustable davits underside with two lift points for lifting Poly Dinghy.
- Rocnar 25 kg Anchor on 60 metres of Stainless Steel Chain plus 60 metres of nylon rode,fed through a tube to the Electric Windlass in a dry locker.
- Two back up anchors danforth and rock grapnel.
Engine and Mechanical:
- 60 HP Yamaha Outboard
- 300 litres of tanked water
- 250 litres of fuel.
- Stainless Steel Inspection opening for Emergency tiller.
- Tiller, Engineered Sst with timber tiller extention.
- Twin Rudder tubes double glass mounted in aft locker
- Rudders driven by wire to quadrants from central wheel with spoke and chain connection.