Contact the owner by clicking here.
(for sale as of )
Price Reduced!! $198,000 (USD)
Location: St. Martin (Carib)
S/V Chantemer is a Caribbean based Leopard 40 catamaran for sale by owner
The Leopard 40 is relatively fast and enjoys an excellent reputation. Much equipment has been replaced, revised and added.
S/V Chantemer was a charter boat with Moorings for 5 years . Then, she was bought by another charter company during 3 years, but she wasn't maintained as well. That's why we replaced most of equipment when we bought Chantemer in 2014. Since mid 2014, we are sailing across Caribbean, beginning from Florida. S/V Chantemer is actually sailing in the french islands ( Guadeloupe- Martinique)) and will stay around Saint Martin, during the top of hurricane season.
She is a beautiful, spacious and comfortable vessel with space up to ten persons that is ready to set sail with her new owner. Motive for the sale: end of a family travel.
|Designer||Morrelli and Melvin|
|Builder||Robertson & Caine Cape Town, South Africa|
|Construction:||GRP Vacuum bagged Balsa sandwich|
|Length Overall:||39’ 3 in|
|LWL:||37 ft 6 in|
|Beam:||20' 1 in|
|Headroom:||6ft 6" / 2.0M|
|Draft:||3' 7 in|
|Mast height:||62ft / 19.20M|
|Engines:||2x 29hp Volvo MD2030 diesel engines coupled to MS25 SR sail drives|
|Water capacity:||206 gal|
|Fuel Tanks:||92 gal|
|Sail Area:||1034 ft² (96 m²)|
|Cabins||2 spacious double cabins forward and 2 spacious queen cabins aft. Each cabin has hanging and shelving storage.|
|Heads||2 heads equipped with toilets, holding tanks, hand basins, showers & mirrors. Hot & cold pressurized water in the galley and heads.|
- 4 cabins
- 2 heads
- convertible double berth in the saloon
- 2 x Volvo MD2040D with sail drive MS25SR
- both engines completely disassembled and checked (2015)
- 2 X "Kiwiprop"folding 3 blade props (2014)
- lot of spare parts : alternators, blades, injectors, pumps, wind blades, etc.
- 206 us gal water ( 2 tanks)
- black water (14.2 us gal)
- 2 water heaters ( 1 new 2015)
- watermaker 110v 6 gal/h connected to sink and to main watertank
- rain water capter system high efficiency.
- generator honda 2000 i ( 04-2016)
- 2x95 AH starting battery ( 2014 + 04-2016)
- 6 x 75 Ah battery bank ( 2014) 6V deep cycle for golf car.
- 2x 95 Ah starting battery ( 1 new 2014)
- 3 x 230w solar panels
- MPPT regulator
- 2 wind turbines ( 400w + 800 w) with seperate regulators
- 2 alternators 60 AH ( 1 new 2015)
- Balmar duo charge ( 2015) : improve battery charge.
- Generator Honda 2000w
- 2000 w inverter
- led bulbs every where
- underwater led lights
- 110v plugs connected to inverter & generator
- separate fridge and freezer ( 60 gal ) Seafrost with 2 vertical doors freezer
- Force 10, 2 burner stove & oven
- pressurized hot & cold water
- 2 stainless steel sinks
- separate saltwater and water sink faucets
- new upholstery (2014)
- fresh water shower
- salt water shower (2015)
- upholstery (2014)
- 4 x 10 lbs propane bottles ( 1 steel, 2 aluminium, 1 fiberglass)
Ground tackle :
- salt water shower in the anchor box.
- main anchor = CQR with 170' chain with markers and 170' rope
- second anchor = Bruce
- windlass 1200 w
- garmin GPS 421 with north america and caribbean maps
- auto pilot Ray marine st 6002 (display 2015)
- Raymarine ST 60 anemometer
- Raymarine ST 60
- VHF extention ( 2015)
- VHF with GPS
- AIS receiver (2014)
- standard horizon 2200
- Portable VHF waterproof (2014)
- Sound system with 2+2 speaker :DVD, USB and cards reader (2015)- "Pyle plcd 3 mr"
- lot of 12v plugs
- led Tv 22' in 12v with USB plug
- 2 separate showers
- 2 electrics toilets
- main sail and genoa 120% "Mack" (2014)
- running rigging (2014/2015)
- standing rigging (2015)
- AB dinghy 10' VL ( 04-2016)
- tohatsu 18 hp 2 stroke outboard ( 04-2016)
- 8 per life raft "transocean" 2004( to revise)
- lot of items but enable to translate in english ...