Contact the owner by clicking here.
(for sale as of )
Asking: $240,000 (USD)
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
S/V Sea Monkey is a Florida based 2006 Leopard 40 catamaran for sale by owner
This Boat Owner requires financial settlement only ... trades will not be considered!!
The 4 cabin, 2 head layout is perfect for a couple or a family of 4 to 6. Big enough to fit everyone, but not so huge as to be a handful for a small crew. Plus, she sails pretty quickly! Queen berths x 4, plus a small bunk in the forepeak of each hull. 1 head in each hull, each with a separate shower stall. She has Volvo D1-30 engines with 1520 hours (she was repowered with new engines and new saildrives in 2013). She has 1000W+ (285W x4) of solar that feed Lifeline AGM batteries total 630aH through a Midnite Classic controller which gets the batteries filled and into float mode most days. There is a Cruise RO watermaker that makes 20 GPH. The fridge is cool, the freezer can make ice, and there is a supplemental Engel freezer.
Everything you need is included. Totally turnkey, ready to sail away, and she is US registered.
This boat is self-sufficient. Good batteries, big solar, 200 gallons of fresh water tankage, RO watermaker, and an extra freezer allow her to cruise “off the grid” for extended periods. Plus, she sails fast enough to entice mahi-mahi and wahoo to hit your trolling tackle.
The important systems on Sea Monkey are young: engines and saildrives with 1520 hours, and they were new in 2013. Standing rigging in 2015. Mainsail in 2015, genoa in 2018. Main and jib sheets in 2018.
Some smart upgrades include extra ports in the front salon windows to allow much better ventilation and keep the salon cool. Rain shields over the side hatches so that they can stay open during passing showers. These are little touches that make for a comfortable boat.
Everything on the boat right now is included. USB ports, all of our tools, portable rechargeable vacuum, even an extra carafe for the French Press are included. Sheets, pillows, kitchen gear. You name it, it probably comes with the boat. When we leave we’re walking off with our clothes, the kids' stuffed animals, and leaving everything you need on board.
Lastly, this boat is covered by Volvo's voluntary emissions compliance engine recall. She now has brand new Volvo D1-30s which were installed in June 2018. This is your chance to own a boat with 100% mint condition engines! Saildrives were serviced, and she has fresh bottom paint!!
Leopard 40 partial walk through
|Designer||Morrelli and Melvin|
|Builder||Robertson & Caine Cape Town, South Africa|
|Country Flag||United States|
|Construction:||GRP Vacuum bagged Balsa sandwich|
|Length Overall:||39ft 3 in / 11.97 m|
|LWL:||37 ft 6 in / 11.43 m|
|Beam:||20 ft 1 in / 6.13 m|
|Headroom:||6 ft 6 in / 2.0M|
|Draft:||3 ft 10 in / 1.18 m|
|Displacement:||16820 lbs / 7,630 kg|
|Mast height:||61ft 11 in / 18.86m|
|Engines:||2 X D1-30 Volvo Penta 29 HP diesel engines with sail drives|
206 gal / 780 Ltrs
|Fuel Tanks:||92 gal / 350 Ltrs|
|Sail Area:||Doyle furling Genoa-2018 Fully battened Doyle main sail-2015 Doyle stack pack -2015|
|Heads||2 heads - each equipped with toilets, plastic holding tanks and new hoses (2017), hand basins, and separate showers stalls. Hot & cold pressurized water in the galley and heads.|
- Composite Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP) sandwich with Balsa core
- STEERING SYSTEM: Edson wheel and cable
- Spade Rudders
- 4 cabins, queen size berths
- 2 heads are each equipped with toilets, holding tanks, sink, separated shower stalls.
- single sleeping berth in the bow of each hull. This berth could also be converted for storage
- Hot & cold pressurised water
- Raymarine A65 Chartplotter (2013)
- Handheld VHF
- Raymarine VHF at nav station and helm
- Raymarine Wind Speed/ Direction Indicator
- Raymarine Depth Sounder
- Raymarine ST6002 Autopilot
- Clarion stereo system with Bose speakers in cockpit USB/ Bluetooth/ Aux capability
- Raymarine 650 AIS Transceiver
- 3 X 210 Ah Lifeline AGM house bank, 2015
- new starter batteries (2) in 2018
- Victron Centaur 12V 40A battery charger
- 4 X 285W solar panels with Midnite Sun Classic controller
- Honda 2000 generator with 50A and 30A adapter cables to permit direct charging of house battery bank
- 6 x 110V AC and 3 x 12 V DC outlets
- lighting converted to LED in salon
- Bosun's chair
- cockpit seat cushions
- Sun shades for salon windows
- large opening hatches added to front salon
- Pull down sun screens for cockpit area
- upgraded dinghy davits
- bean bag chairs, sunshade for trampoline area
- Snorkel gear
- Medical kit
- AB inflatable dinghy (getting on in years)
- Nissan 9.8 outboard (enough to get our family of 4 up on plane
Engines & Tankage:
- 2 X D1-30 Volvo Penta 29 HP diesel engines with sail drives
- Approx 1520 hours on each engine
- 130amp alternators, with one spare
- 2 X ~100 gallon fresh water
- Diesel Fuel 2 X 46 gallons
- 2 X 5 gallon hot water heaters
- Cruise R/O 20gph Watermaker (2015)
Sails & Rigging:
- Doyle genoa (2018)
- Fully battened Doyle main sail (2015)
- Doyle stack pack bag (2015)
- Standing rigging replaced 2015
- New jib sheets, main sheet in 2018
- 2 X Harken 46PR winches at helm station and 2 X 40PR Harken winches at mast
- Galley up with corian counters providing access to salon and cockpit areas
- Force 10 2 burner stove with oven
- Seafrost 12Vdc freezer/ fridge with remote temperature control and monitoring
- Double stainless steel sink with pullout faucet
- Dish drying sink with drain
- Plates, bowls, pots, pans, knives, French Press, a second French Press in case the first breaks, etc.
Ground Tackle/ Safety Gear:
- Primary Delta 55lb anchor in 2013
- Secondary Anchor with 30' chain and 250' rope rode
- 250' of new ACCO 3/8' chain (2018)
- Lewmar 1200W windlass
- Fenders and docking lines
- Fire extinguishers, flares, air horn, etc.
- Manual Whale bilge pumps (2) and electrical bilge pumps (4)
- Spare belts, alternators, tools, everything needed to keep her running
- The engines are subject to Volvo's emissions recall. They work great and are low hours, but Volvo is shipping 2 brand new engines to Fort Lauderdale where they will be installed in the boat 6/2108. This is your chance to own a used boat with zero engine hours!