Price Reduced!! £79,000 (pound sterling)
Location: Isle of Man UK
S/V Micawber is a Isle of Man UK based Solaris 42 SOLD!!
The only Cat built to Lloyds 100AI. Rebuilt to near original condition (2011-2016) with full osmosis treatment, 10-year Coppercoat, twin Yanmar inboards with Saildrives, fully rewired with marine cable for DC and AC, stainless rigging, foam back liner, integrated Simnet navigation system.
Solar panel and wind generator for 12V and 24V systems. Raritan Electrosan sewage treatment can discharge anywhere including US Great Lakes.
Easy handling aided by in-mast furling ketch rig with electric powered genoa, bowthruster, and twin anchor windlasses. Davits, safety raft, ground tackle for bow and stern mooring, mooring lines etc. Set of manuals and plans, many spares and accessories collected over the years should ensure years of worry-free sailing. Cruised extensively in north European waters following the Pardys, Phoenicians, Vikings and Hanseatic trade routes; moor in castle moats or by ancient petroglyphs.
This catamaran for sale by owner is an excellent value for anybody looking for a spacious well-equipped comfortable home that will take you safely where you want to go. Makes for very economical over wintering in London, Oslo or Liverpool as we did, or wherever you choose. Reluctantly for sale now children fledged. Now even better value with a devalued pound sterling. EU VAT Paid UK Flagged.
|Builder:||Solaris Catamarans Ltd|
|Boat Model:||Solaris 42|
|Designer:||Terence J. Compton|
|Flag:||UK (VAT Paid)|
|Length Overall:||41' 3 inches|
|Draft:||3' 6 inches|
|Mast Height:||55 ft|
|Sails:||Heino Hase sails 72 sqm Genoa|
56 sqm main
25.5 sqm mizzen Fogh
Radial 128 sqm spinnaker
|Engines:||2 Yanmar 48HP 4JHE diesel engines with SD50 saildrive units|
|Fuel Capacity:||150 gallons|
|Water Capacity:||150 gallons|
- Saloon with large foldout hardwood table and cushioned seating for 10
- Carpeted throughout. Head and wall linerall new with insulated foam backing.
- Starboard master double cabin with lockers and separate vanity and toilet (disconnected) panel and spare parts storage.
- Port Double cabin with lockers Separate vanity and Crown Head with Lectrosan Raritan 24V sewage treatment Access to AC
- Port double forward cabin with storage and desk Separate manual Jabsco toilet
- Starboard forward single berth with sizt bath and shower and storage cabinets
- Full size chart table with chart drawer.
- Book shelves for pilots and full set of detail manuals on all aspects of vessel fitting and operation.
- Chart drawer and table in port, cockpit demountable chart table
- AM/FM radio and tape deck.
- Marine dial barometer.
- Hardwood doors and trim, shelves and book cases.
- Fitted foam mattresses with covers on all sleeping accommodation.
- Niro 3 burner gas burner and oven
- Waeco Frigorifico HD160 24V 160 litre holding plate refrigerator with 240V/24v auto switchover.
- Stainless sink with H&C pressure water and foot pump
- Samsung 24V microwave
- Storage cabinets
- crockery, glasses, cutlery, cookware.
- Eberspacher D7W baseboard circulating water central heating
- Stainless pulpit rails and lifelines.
- Fire extinguishers 4x AB in Saloon galley and accom. 2x CO2 in cockpit.
- 4 3kg gas tanks in vented locker with solenoid switch H&C pressure water. System with 8 litre accumulator Treadmaster on all decks.
- 12mm tinted perspex windows below and clear strengthened glass cockpit windscreens.
- SS opening hatches in all berths and both hulls and saloon.
- Fenders mooring lines boat hook etc.
- Cockpit seats for comfortable family cruising northern Europe waterways.
- Motor cruises at 6-8 knots on one engine 4l/hour
- 150gal 550l diesel in twin SS tanks each hull
- 550l water in twin SS water tanks.
- VDO tank gauges. 33l centre tank (unused).
- Full set of manuals filed on board
- Stored ashore most winters when not in city mooring such as London or Oslo.
- SSR registered and VAT paid
- Hull balsa cored with heavy layup.
- New through hull stainless ball cocks
- Bottom sand blasted anti osmosis epoxy treated with Coppercoat 10 year antifouling.
- 10mm Perspex windows replaced and sealed.
- Hull topsides refurbished and repainted.
- Rudders rebuilt on stainless posts with emergency tiller.
- Fuel tanks port and starboard,
- Bilge pumps 5500lph float operated
- hand whale gusher for each hull.
- Raymarine E120 Chartplotter
- differential GPS
- 2kw Radar integrated with Navionics
- platinum charting NMEA-SIMNET interconnect.
- Simrad Robertson AP2801 chain driven autopilot with SIMNET fluxgate self-compensating compass,
- wind speed and direction
- speed log, depth, water temperature and rudder angle indicator.
- Sailor DSC VHF radio cockpit mounted.
- Phillips GPS navigator with separate antenna as backup.
- Bluetooth multiplexer for onboard PC and navigation instruments
- Target PRO Navtex weather fax.
COCKPIT CONSOLE :
- Logbook rack.
- Cockpit Switch panel:
- Raymarine E Chartplotter
- Simrad Robertson AP2801 autopilot
- SIMNET and NMEA2000, Instrument displays:-
- wind speed and direction, speed log depth sounder, water temperature,
- Rudder angle indicator
- Adverc DCM multi-battery monitor 24v & 12v and amps.
- Nautic 40l HW Calorifier to both engines 240VAC immersion heater under chart table Smaller demountable chart table in enclosed cockpit for underway use.
- 240VAC 16A deck connector with galvanic isolation
- reverse polarity detector, earth leakage breaker spike protection
- full circuit breaker panel; fully wired throughout..
- Full 32 switch circuit breaker panel 24VDC with spike protector.
- Promariner triple bank 24v 25Amp 240VAC charger to domestic and windlass batteries Promariner dual bank 12v 10Amp
- 240VAC charger to engine and instrument batteries
- 12 VDC circuit breaker panel.
- Rutland 914i 24VDC wind generator charger optimised with HRD charge controller 12V solar panel and charge regulator.
- All fittings rewired with tinned stranded marine wire.
- Horn, sweep and rotary windscreen wipers,
- fuel gauges
- Engine instruments Temperature Oil Pressure Fuel gauges.
- Separate instrument console for each engine with RPM stop and start keys ELECTRICAL
- Domestic 24V 230AH battery bank ,
- 80A alternators on each engine
- 12V 96Ah 640 cranking amps engine battery
- 12V inverter charger 24V-12V with voltage sensitive switch to charge engine batteries from 24V Alternators.
- Heino Hase sails 72 sqm Genoa
- 56 sqm main
- 25.5 sqm mizzen Fogh
- Radial 128 sqm spinnaker
- Gaastra dowser
MAST AND RIGGING:
- Standing rigging New StaLok fittings with easy replacement design
- SS double lock turnbuckles.
- Running rigging renewed.
- Ketch rig Mast steps on both masts.
- Mast instruments and wiring all new.
- Masthead anti-lightning charge dissipater.
- Genoa dual control electric roller furling.
- Main and mizzen Bamar in-mast roller furling.
- 300AH 24V Lewmar Genoa winch
- Knowsley Spinnaker winch on main mast,
- 2 Harken main winches
- 1 mizzen winch
- 2 Yanmar 48HP 4JHE diesel engines with SD50 saildrive units with 17in three bladed props.
- Vetus seawater intake transparent filter and exhaust fittings.
- Battery trays for 12V engine batteries and 24V domestic batteries.
- Engine console in cockpit with full rpm, temp and oil dials.
- Rheinstrom II Bow Thruster.
- Electric Anchor Windlass Muir on port bow with chain drive and separate rope gypsy, 30m 16mm Anchorbraid and 10m 3/8 calibrated chain. Cockpit and deck controls.
- Simpson Lawrence on starboard bow. with chain drive and separate rope gypsy, 30m 16mm Anchorbraid and 10m 3/8 calibrated chain. Cockpit and deck controls.
- 50lb CQR
- 35lb Danforth anchors
- 50lb Bulwagga quick reversing weed and sand anchor.
- 2 Delta anchors on 10m chain 16mm line with shackles for stern mooring.
- Tinker Traveller 8-man safety dinghy factory refurbished with full set of sails and oars.
- Simpson Lawrence Davits.
- Beaufort 8-man factory re-serviced liferaft under cockpit table
- Full set of multibraid mooring and spring lines.
- Set of heavy duty winter mooring lines.
- Extendable Boathook with brush accessory
- Mooring buoy rope threader and stainless buoy ring hook.
- Anchor rock wedge.
- 2 spinnaker poles
- Cockpit wheel steering
- emergency tiller fits both rudders
- Folding ladder.
- Folding swimming ladder and built-in transom steps.
- Marine signals disk and triangle